FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #11  
I have both for my Kubota.. and do notice the difference when the turfs are on doing loader work..

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs
@Philip: Very nice tractor. Looks like a beast. Just being sarcastic on the donut tire comment. Is that a SSQA you have on the bucket?

@JohnT: Also from PA, so I guess I'm doomed for flats... :)

Thanks for the replys. Smart comment on keeping the psi up for the FEL work.

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #13  
Yes, that is a SSQA. Philip.

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #14  
I have had turf tires and R4s. I must say I never lifted anything that popped a tire. Saying that I have rolled more turf tires off the rims that R4s.

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #15  
I would stay away from r3s get the r4s they will provide better traction when doing non mowing tasks
and they don't flex as much as r3s do with a loader full of dirt ect

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #16  
R4s vs turfs... went over that 100 times and read tons of threads. Still not 100% decided.

Basically it came down to that 90% of the moving hours will be during mowing. Most of the fel work will be mulch or dirt. People also commented the turfs were a gentler ride. Plus I'm not taking off into the woods. Sounds like the r4s would be OK on my grass mostly, but some areas have terrible drainage and get swamped out. Between that and the harsher ride, it was a tough sell on the r4s.

I am going to be mad if I pop a tire, plus the r4s look way cooler (silly reason, but still.. the turfs kinda look like chubby donuts. Hate to spend 25k and look like a dope driving a blubbery fatbody of a tractor.)

Tractor ships next week. Have time to switch maybe. Hows the ride on filled r4s after two hours in the seat?

My "chubby doughnuts" (good description) out-grip R4's I believe. I do great in snow, and great in everything I have gotten into. I have not been into much mud honestly, so maybe the R4's shine there.

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #17  
I don't have a kubota but do have turfs on my jd. I pump my front tires up about 5 pounds below max psi while moving dirt or materials. Haven't seen much squatting or issues that would raise a red flag. I have oversized 73 inch bucket and have already bit into some piles where the loader couldn't lift the weight

I pump my turfs up to the rating mentioned in the FEL instruction manual. I don't want mine too tight because I want the tire to be able to conform if I hit a rock or something. Otherwise, the entire FEL, etc has to go up in the air in the time it takes me to get over a rock, and that can be quite an impulse depending on travel speed.

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #18  
I would stay away from r3s get the r4s they will provide better traction when doing non mowing tasks
and they don't flex as much as r3s do with a loader full of dirt ect

My turfs are better in snow than any R4's I have been around. I am also supprised at the traction I get in dirt with my R4's. All my box blade and FEL work in dirt, my turfs have never let me down, can actually bog engine. Now when I get in mud, I wish I had R4's or R1's, but that is the only time. Philip.

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #19  
I estimate 50% of my time is mowing, 20% snow removal, 20% FEL dirt work, and 10% screwing off doing this or that. I have been happy with these turfs. Over heaping buckings of just about everthing. But, I do not get into woods or construction areas. Homeowner, hobby farm, softball field, soccer field use. Philip.

Not to hijack...but can we see some more pictures of that box blade ?
Who makes it?
The hydraulic scarifiers are the factory or customized?

Thanks

/ FEL capacity with R4s vs turfs #20  
Not to hijack...but can we see some more pictures of that box blade ?
Who makes it?
The hydraulic scarifiers are the factory or customized?

Thanks

Modern Ag Products. 6' wide 900 pounds, factory hydraulic rippers, galvanized coating. It is a beast. Philip.

Attachments

• box blade 10.jpg
    box blade 10.jpg
    808.4 KB · Views: 121
  • box blade 09.jpg
    box blade 09.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 116
  • box blade 06.jpg
    box blade 06.jpg
    863.3 KB · Views: 104
  • box blade 04.jpg
    box blade 04.jpg