How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #11  
BTW Murphy1244, to answer your question, yes there is a quick hitch adaptor for the Kubota blower,
it is a big steel triangular contraption which mounts to the 2 point hitch arms, it weigh maybe 75Lbs and installs in 10 to 15 minutes.
In fact it’s quite easy to reconfigure the lifting arms back to mower deck after the snow season.

Dan

Went and looked at a Ventrac and I like how easy their hitch is. Is Kubota's like that?

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #12  
Went and looked at a Ventrac and I like how easy their hitch is. Is Kubota's like that?

I haven’t seen the Ventrac snow blower adaptor , but the Kubota one is simple enough. It’s about 2” tall, 24” long and the width of the lift arms. The inner (narrower end) has 2 “U” shapes cut into the side bars which side up into place on the horizontal pivot bar (rear part of the 2 point hitch system of the tractor) and then the wide end is bolted to each lift arm using 1” bolts one each side. There is a ½” thick plate installed in the lift system to restrict maximum vertical lift. Other than that, the blower pretty much plug & play.

Dan

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #13  
I haven’t seen the Ventrac snow blower adaptor , but the Kubota one is simple enough. It’s about 2” tall, 24” long and the width of the lift arms. The inner (narrower end) has 2 “U” shapes cut into the side bars which side up into place on the horizontal pivot bar (rear part of the 2 point hitch system of the tractor) and then the wide end is bolted to each lift arm using 1” bolts one each side. There is a ½” thick plate installed in the lift system to restrict maximum vertical lift. Other than that, the blower pretty much plug & play.

Dan

Have to check that out.. Thanks Dan. The Ventrac you just drive up and jiggle it around and lock in and connect the belt.

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself
Have to check that out.. Thanks Dan. The Ventrac you just drive up and jiggle it around and lock in and connect the belt.

That ventrac looks just like what you need, Murph. It's not a Kubota.

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #15  
It looks easier than doing it on my TORO :D

P6220003.JPGP6220005.JPG

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #17  
I see your point.:) Looks like you've used it some.:thumbsup:

Yep, lot's of miles on it. Got it in March, 2009. It was made in 1996. I also have a recycle deck for it.

Sure like the 4WD! :D

P3300136.JPG P3300138.JPG

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #18  
Hey John, You have to pull the PTO shaft first, don't you?

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself
Hey John, You have to pull the PTO shaft first, don't you?

NO you do NOT have to pull shaft to raise.

/ How difficult to sharpen or replace the blades on a Kubota F model?? See for yourself #20  
Hey Dan W, Was looking back on these posts and while I will never be mounting a snow blower on my F-2880, I am curious about the mounting adaptor you were describing. Any chance you could post or send me directly a couple photos of it and how it mounts?

I keep thinking about making something like a JohnyBucket for my machine, but it would have to go on/off much easier than I can figure so far. That adaptor may get me thinking again. Thanks in advance, Rip