G1900s 48" mower deck belt replacement questions

/ G1900s 48" mower deck belt replacement questions #1  

jabr1319

Tractor
g1900s
My deck belt broke. No manual, so I'm just disassembling what seems logical. So far I have everything disassembled except for the middle blade/pulley/gearbox combination. I need to purchase a 1 3/16 socket to get enough leverage to remove the bolt holding the center blade on (monkey wrench wasn't cutting it). I'm assuming that once I get that removed, the pulley/gearbox will disassemble and allow me to attach the new belt. Does that sound correct to anyone who has done this before?

Also, I noticed some ball bearings (about 1/4" diameter) that came from the center pulley (the one attached to the arm tension bar and spring). I removed the pulley and flipped it over and tried to get the bearings back in. I can get them back in with some coercion, but they just fall out again. There's now some wobble to this pulley. Any idea if this is this going to ruin my belt in 1day/month/year?

I'm looking around and i cant find any bearings listed in the parts diagrams. I'm wondering if I order a new pulley if it will come with bearings and everything already attached or if will just specifically be the pulley part. I suppose a call into Keller is probably in order...

Below is a highlighted picture for clarification:

pulley.JPG

Thanks for any input.

-Josh

/ G1900s 48" mower deck belt replacement questions #2  
Josh,

If your mower deck is the same as my G5200, then all you need to do is remove an L-bracket from between the gearbox & deck:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-lawn-garden/281790-g5200-routine-maitenance.html

2nd & 3rd pictues show that "L" bracket removed, allowing belt replacement.
With the bracket off, you can slip the belt under the PTO shaft (tight fit) and loop it around the pulley. No need to pull the spindle.

Good luck,
Jim

/ G1900s 48" mower deck belt replacement questions
Jim, thanks! I completely overlooked that option. Much easier than the path I was headed down. Advice much appreciated.

-Josh

PS: if anyone has any opinion on the bearings in the pulley, feel free to chime in. thanks

/ G1900s 48" mower deck belt replacement questions #4  
The parts list for mine shows individual bearings:
Mower idler.jpg
So I think the pulley may be just a pulley; not an assembly.
But maybe they changed that - I'd call Keller.
Good luck!