my diesel kabota zd28 stops running .

/ my diesel kabota zd28 stops running . #1  

rourke

Tractor
New Holland 575E, Liebherr 622, JLG 60, MF 3140,ZD28, John Deere, Cat257B
My deisel kabota zero turn stops running after about 10 to 15 min. Does it have a high temperature shut off switch? And if it does why wont it restart after it cools.

After it stops running, it won't even crank. then after I let it sit for a while, it will mysteriously crank and start again. I can't put my finger on the problem. I have checked the seat safety switch, and the safety swtch at the parking brake, all appear to be in good order.

/ my diesel kabota zd28 stops running . #2  
might be a clogged fuel filter or filters.

/ my diesel kabota zd28 stops running . #3  
Do you have dual tanks with a fuel selector valve? Is it in the correct position?
Are the fuel caps venting? Do check the filters.
10-15 minutes would not overheat the engine unless you were very low on coolant. The later ZDs have a warning buzzer.

/ my diesel kabota zd28 stops running .
I will check the filter and fuel selector valve, and fuel caps for venting and get back to you all good samatians. BTW. the part about not cranking must have been a safety switch not related to cutting off. I by passed all the starting safeties, and now starting is not the issue. But for all you reading this post, be careful not to bypass the fuel shutoff selenoid, cause you can easily burn it up by leaving current on. When it gets 12 volts the plunger extends cutting off the fuel, then automaticaly the power is turned off and in 2- 3 seconds you can here the plunger retract with a little click.