GR2010 throttle cable adjustment

/ GR2010 throttle cable adjustment #1  

sandalwood

Silver Member
Tractor
L5460 Kubota
The throttle lever seems to have a fair amount of movement without changing engine speed. In the attached pic, the throttle lever travels up to this point before there is any change in engine rpm. Is this normal?

Attachments

• GR2010.jpg
    GR2010.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 330
   / GR2010 throttle cable adjustment #2  
with the lever travel that's left, do you get the engine up to max speed ?

on my TG1860G, the lever appears similar, with only about 1/4" travel before the engine speed picks up, and at the carb end of the throttle cable, it is clamped to the throttle plate...
where the governor spring, etc. are connected.

maybe that clamp is/was loose and allowed the end of the throttle cable to slip ?

Pete

/ GR2010 throttle cable adjustment
Don't know what max engine speed is. This is my Dad's mower which I brought home to do some routine maintenance. It was then I noticed the amount of "travel" in the throttle lever before engine rpms pick up.

I don't suppose if you know if there is an adjustment on your T1860G?

/ GR2010 throttle cable adjustment #4  
That lever position for idle is pretty well like on mine. Engine speed at full is supposed to be 3000 RPM

/ GR2010 throttle cable adjustment #5  
I don't suppose if you know if there is an adjustment on your T1860G?

As I mentioned before, on my TG1860G, the cable from the throttle lever goes to the carburetor area where the outer part is clamped down, the inner wire connected to the carb linkage. By loosening the clamp screw, the cable can be moved slightly to take up the slack. If you can figure it out, I would put the throttle lever at the bottom (slow) position, loosen the clamp enough so you can slide the cable out a bit until the rpms start to increase, then slide back in just a touch. Tighten clamp and check operation.

Pete

/ GR2010 throttle cable adjustment
Thanks for your suggestions.

It appears I need to remove heat shield at front of engine for closer inspection. I can see that cable moves from lowest lever position but doesn't seem to affect rpms until lever is 1/2 way to the top of its travel.