service and parts manuals

/ service and parts manuals #1  

fireman1073

Tractor
kubota g1800
thought I would share this

I purchased both parts and service manuals by digital download for 28 bucks at www.tradebit.com

the images in the service manual are low quality but the rest is good, 391 pages in the service manual

parts manual is great

I hope this helps someone

Steve

/ service and parts manuals #2  
Kubota has parts manuals online for free. Go to this site and agree to the terms at the bottom. You'll go to a page where you can enter your model number and then the site will display a table. Click on your model and you'll be taken to index by system name.

Did you get an operator's manual? Go to this website and they have manuals and service parts.

/ service and parts manuals #3  
Thanks fireman, Good to know. A shop manual is 80 bux plus they want 10 for shipping to them....90+tax. Makes 28$ download cheap. Just wondering if that's on the up&up...

/ service and parts manuals #4  
Thanks fireman, Good to know. A shop manual is 80 bux plus they want 10 for shipping to them....90+tax. Makes 28$ download cheap. Just wondering if that's on the up&up...

if you care, what you paid for is an illegal copy.

Kubota is starting to put up digital downloads of the manuals. Most parts and owners are up now, I expect to see more. they are much cheaper than the paper copies.

/ service and parts manuals
stupid dishonest people

I guess I am too trusting

Kubota should offer these digital for free or a small fee

a company should supply literature with there products so the consumer would make the most of there products not making it another way to squeeze a few more bucks out of us little guys

its called product support and leads to a great ownership experience making us want more of there products

great tractor though so I cant really complain

steve

/ service and parts manuals #6  
No legal digital Shop or repair manual downloads, Ey?

/ service and parts manuals
I thought it was legit

my bad

I don't support illegal activity

it hurts everyone in the long run

steve

/ service and parts manuals #8  
if you care, what you paid for is an illegal copy.

Kubota is starting to put up digital downloads of the manuals. Most parts and owners are up now, I expect to see more. they are much cheaper than the paper copies.
Can you let us know when the repair manual downloads are available?

/ service and parts manuals #9  
Kubota should offer these digital for free or a small fee

a company should supply literature with there products so the consumer would make the most of there products not making it another way to squeeze a few more bucks out of us little guys

its called product support and leads to a great ownership experience making us want more of there products

steve

Steve, digitizing manuals and keeping them in a database is costly initially, but makes sense in the long run. I don't know any tractor or lawn equipment that does not come with an owners manual. Those manuals are often discarded by the owners who carelessly do not realize their value. If I sold you a mower and offered a $25 discount without the owners manual, would you take the discount? That might not seem like such a good deal, but if you are an owner who doesn't expect to work on his own machine, not buying the maintenance manual is probably what you want. Essentially, you are taking a $90-$100 discount to not have the manual. In a time when dealer's and manufacturer's profit margins are thin, they have to charge for manuals. I don't think it is greed as much as staying competitive. Manufacturers often put parts diagrams online because it aids in repair parts online sales. It can also be a big time saver if you walk up to a parts counter and give them the exact part number you need.

In the past, document publishing consisted of files that you could not even read without very expensive software. Before that, it was typed manuscripts that were submitted to publishers. Xerography was one step in making things easier to produce and Adobe Acrobat PDF files have now come into widespread use. However, until the internet became widely used in the late 90s, most publications were being done with desktop publishing systems or dedicated systems that did not produce readable computer files. So manufacturers have a big job of producing all their new documentation in PDF format and then they have to go back and convert files from several formats to PDFs. If I have a 1990 Kubota, there's a good chance the original documents exist only in some high order publishing software and offset printing plates or film in a library somewhere. To justify money spent, there has to be sales or ROI. There is no doubt that manufacturers are going to digital documentation, but it will take awhile before it is all there. We, as consumers, are going to have to pay a reasonable amount for those documents. For me, I'm sure I've saved more money and time by having the manuals than they ever cost me when I bought them. I'm thrilled that Messicks may not have sold me my Kubota, but they support me with documentation and parts as needed. Their existence adds value to my purchase from a local individual who had no manuals.