New Kubota owner with a project...

/ New Kubota owner with a project... #21  
didn't read back...maybe I'm repeating myself.... I just replaced pulley due to a sheared driveshaft bolt on my JD F935. It was also pricey for just a pulley. I also mangled it a bit in removal (just enuf to concern me about the belt wearing poorly).

now for that chute..... is it hard-fastened? My Kubota T1560 has the plastic chute on a spring. I can (and have) pulled it up when needed and even used a strap to hold it up for longer period.

/ New Kubota owner with a project...
The chute is bolted on with a hinge. It can be held in the upright position, though the spring that assists with that is missing on this mower deck. My "parts" deck has the spring, so I might transfer that over if I'm feeling ambitious.

/ New Kubota owner with a project... #23  
The discharge chute is definitely a PITA -- but I just have to change my approach in some locations, to work around that issue.

Drill a 1/4" hole in the lip of the discharge chute. Hook a strurdy bungee cord in there (24" works good) and hook the other end to your seat spring. That bungee will lay in the perfect position to flip up that deflector anytime you need it out of the way. That way you can mow close to objects from both sides of the mower. I like mowing with the right side because the anti-scalp wheel in front doesn't stick out as much as the one on the left side. However, if you aren't careful, the lip of the deflector can catch if you are too close to objects. Better to leave a few inches uncut and then come back with a string trimmer.

I would not get rid of that spare mower right away. I'd keep it for a season to see if I needed parts off of it and then put it up for sale. If you tear it down, you can part it out on eBay and probably get more for it, but the easier sale is a quick listing on craigslist at a decent price.

/ New Kubota owner with a project...
Good advice on both issues, much appreciated!