GR2120 SnowBlower pic

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #1  

PHILIP8N

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 Kubota GR2120 Ford 8N
Put the snowblower on for the 1st time over the weekend. Now just waiting on the snow! Philip.

Attachments

• DSCN4934.jpg
    DSCN4934.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,430
  • DSCN4936.jpg
    DSCN4936.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3,120
   / GR2120 SnowBlower pic #2  
Hopefully you will get some snow soon so you can try it out.

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #3  
New Member, I have gotten a lot of great information here and just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU! I just bought my third Kubota "GR2120" , should be here by the end of this week! PHILP8N how do you like your GR2120?

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic
I got mine in July with a 48" deck and snowblower. It has been a pleasure to operate. Love the power steering, tight turning radius, and stability on slopes, have not slipped a tire on wet grass yet when mowing around pond like I did with previous mower. Now, it is ready to eat some snow! Philip.

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #5  
I bought the 48" deck also, I test drove a zero turn for a couple of weeks and like everything about them except for the tight turns which resulted in alot damage to the grass! My dealer didn't have a GR2120 for me to test drive, but he has ashore me that if I'm not completely satisfied he well take back! They been great people to deal with in the past so I trust his words!

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #6  
Philip: I installed mine last week and couldn't figure out what to do with that safety chain....instructions and pics in the manual suck! Could you take a closeup pic on how you use that chain?
What do you use for weights?
I'll take a pic of the sticker with the sheer-bolt part numbers inside the blower, before i start using it and the sticker gets damaged.

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic
Pete, I ended up throwing that chain, clip, and S hook in trash. When you mount the snowblower, that chain is used to hold the locking handle in place to keep the 'slots' open so the pins from the frame can slide in. I found that too cumbersome to do. I put top lip of frame on tractor, jacked up front of tractor with floor jack, slide bottom part of frame in 'slots', then rotated locking handle in place. Does that make sense? Looking at attached pic, the clip for the chain goes in the hole at the front of the tractor frame. I do not like how the exhaust comes out on the frame, but it is what it is.

My Deere LX188 with snowblower was a 700 pound 2WD tractor with weights and chains, and needed both. This is a 970 pound 4WD tractor and no chains. For this 1st winter, I am going to try without weight and chains, and see what happens.

Philip

Attachments

• snow blower 12.jpg
    snow blower 12.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 1,798
   / GR2120 SnowBlower pic #8  
I didnt need a floor jack. Got it all installed alright, once i figured out that the bottom part of frame turns, which i thought was welded in place, when i first started installing the blower.
So..you pitched the chain.....think i'll do the same.....cant figure out how that chain is supposed to be installed. I doubt it'll come loose anyway. Never used it when the mower was on.
The exhaust is darn close to the blower frame, you're right. If i hear a rattle, i'll know where to look. Might cut 3/8 off the exhaust if i need to.
I have 4 - 25LB suitcase weights for the back end. Just wondered if you had wheel weights, not installed yet...
Thanks.

I had to read you post again.....so that chains purpose is to hold the handle to keep the slots open? I'm way off here...was thinking it was there to keep it from opening up after the blower is installed...kind of a safety thing.....either way, it's coming off. That chain is wearing through the paint already.

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic
so that chains purpose is to hold the handle to keep the slots open? I'm way off here...was thinking it was there to keep it from opening up after the blower is installed...kind of a safety thing.....either way, it's coming off. That chain is wearing through the paint already.
Yes, keeps the rotating handle in position so the 'slots' are open during lower pin installation. Did not work very well, looked like crap, and did not want a chain dangling around that I would only use once a year. After thought for sure. Philip.

/ GR2120 SnowBlower pic #10  
Two comments;
First, I agree the chain isnt very elegant solution, but it does its job by holding the rotating handle on the quick hitch in the open position when installing the snowblower. It's better than duct tape and it allows the snowblower to be easily installed by one person. Once it has done it job, it just hangs there until next year.

Second, regarding ballast weights. Originally, my dealer installed wheel weights on my GR2120, which did the job, but were a real pain to remove when they were not needed and installation was a finger masher. My dealer traded them out (at no charge) with the rear suitcase configuration at the end of last season. The suitcase weights are terrific, much easier to add and remove. Also, the wheel weights stuck out an extra 2-3" on each side so if you were in close quarters while snowblowing (like next to a parked car) you risked hitting something. Now, I can add or remove ballast in a couple minutes. (Also, I know that as I get older, those 25 pound suitcase weights will be easier to deal with than the 60-70 wheel weights.)
Have fun playing in the snow. Andre