New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet?

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #1  

gkk20012

Tractor
Kubota L3800, Kubota F3680
I lost my password to this site so have been doing a lot of reading and no posting, finally got that fixed.

I have the F3680, a 2011 model and love it as all F series people seem to do once you see the versatility of these fine mowing machines. I also installed a grass catcher that I picked up used but very good shape. I mulch the clippings along with leaves and have a mulch pile the size of a small house now. Fantastic for the garden.

But has anyone bought the new F3990 yet? I never see the F series mowers at any dealer I have visited so maybe they are not available yet? Not that I want one, just curious what others think about them. :thumbsup:

Greg

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #2  
Pass words are a pain,
I haven't seen one yet either, I have the same year F3680 as yours and it is equally suited for snow.
I'll post something as soon as i see one in ottawa

Dan

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #3  
Digital dash and considerable price increase because of the tier exhaust changes is the major difference. Most dealers don't have them in stock even though the dealer doesn't buy or own them (Kubota owns almost all new Kubotas on dealer lots).
Most buyers are commercial buyers and they just order the equipment they decide they need based on available information/stastics plus maybe a little personal input/influence:). Schools, golf courses, state and local government are the big buyers so choice isn't usually left up to the guy that drives it.
Some of us are the odd people that go to a dealer and want to look, touch and ride before we buy. I myself bought my first one sight unseen. I saw a different brand front deck mower doing it's job on a golf course in Tn a few years ago as I was sitting on the back deck drinking coffee. I could hear it running and thru the mist this machine goes by and then back and forth and swinging around and never stopping just going. :licking: So, started my research and Barlows ordered one for me to see and I bought it when it arrived. It was a F2680e and I bought it about 5 years ago, sold/traded it back to Barlows for the 2nd F3080 about a year ago and then sold my 1st bought about 3+ years ago F3080 recently and then bought my original F2680e back with about 150 hours on it. Those of us that have them are sold on them but they are more money than a zero turn which really aren't even in the same ball game and I did finally try a Z but have not ever bought one.

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet?
Thank you guys for those comments. its great we can talk 'long distance' like this.

I went through several Z turns before coming to the realization the F mower is best for me. First was a Scag, 48" deck with a 19HP Kawasaki, way under powered and rode like a tank. Tall wet grass would stop it cold. Reliable mechanically but not for me.

Then went through several Walkers, all used because I thought they were quite overpriced. I liked the grass catcher capability but they would loose traction going up a slight grade and a small stick would clog the grass catcher shoot.

Came to realize, Walkers are for manicured lawns or the very high end lawns that I certainly do not have. :banghead:
Finally bought a Kubota Z326. This was a significant upgrade but my hilly property with wet grass were its shortcoming. I sold it and used the $$ + more $$ to buy a new F3680. I know this will be my final mower until they put me in the mulch pile. :laughing:

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #5  
Thanks
Thank you guys for those comments. its great we can talk 'long distance' like this.

I went through several Z turns before coming to the realization the F mower is best for me. First was a Scag, 48" deck with a 19HP Kawasaki, way under powered and rode like a tank. Tall wet grass would stop it cold. Reliable mechanically but not for me.

Then went through several Walkers, all used because I thought they were quite overpriced. I liked the grass catcher capability but they would loose traction going up a slight grade and a small stick would clog the grass catcher shoot.

Came to realize, Walkers are for manicured lawns or the very high end lawns that I certainly do not have. :banghead:
Finally bought a Kubota Z326. This was a significant upgrade but my hilly property with wet grass were its shortcoming. I sold it and used the $$ + more $$ to buy a new F3680. I know this will be my final mower until they put me in the mulch pile. :laughing:

I like the "put me in the mulch pile"....
You never see snow down your way gk, but if you did, you'd love blowing snow with your 3680, the ability to see everything up front is a real advantage. My other rig-up (on my B7800) was a 6 ft blade in front and a 5 ft blower at the read, did that (5 to 6 hours at a time) for 10 years and I'd have a sore back and neck all winter long. These 3680 are truly the best for ergonomics.

Dan

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #6  
I lost my password to this site so have been doing a lot of reading and no posting, finally got that fixed.

I have the F3680, a 2011 model and love it as all F series people seem to do once you see the versatility of these fine mowing machines. I also installed a grass catcher that I picked up used but very good shape. I mulch the clippings along with leaves and have a mulch pile the size of a small house now. Fantastic for the garden.

But has anyone bought the new F3990 yet? I never see the F series mowers at any dealer I have visited so maybe they are not available yet? Not that I want one, just curious what others think about them. :thumbsup:

Greg

I am strongly considering a F3990 but would love to ask you some questions about your grass catcher. Is it a kubota model and how happy are you with its performance ? I currently have a Scag 61" deck 29 hp Kawasaki with a clam shell bagger and am continually fighting with it leaving a trail of grass between the 2nd and 3rd blade. Have had 2 separate dealers unsuccessfully diagnose what the problem is. I am mowing as slow as possible and having to make 3 or 4 passes to completely pick up the grass. I am ready to upgrade but my dealer can't find anyone in my area with a unit with a grass collection system to talk to and I don't want to be the guinea pig. Any input, advise, and or suggestions are welcome. Thanks Don

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #7  
I am strongly considering a F3990 72" deck with grass collection system but am concerned about how well the collection system works on a deck that large. I currently have a Scag 61" deck 29 hp Kawasaki with a clam shell bagger and am continually fighting with it leaving a trail of grass between the 2nd and 3rd blade. Have had 2 separate dealers unsuccessfully diagnose what the problem is. I am mowing as slow as possible and having to make 3 or 4 passes to completely pick up the grass. I am ready to upgrade but my dealer can't find anyone in my area with a unit with a grass collection system to talk to and I don't want to be the guinea pig. Any input, advise, and or suggestions are welcome. Thanks Don

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #9  
Digital dash and considerable price increase because of the tier exhaust changes is the major difference. Most dealers don't have them in stock even though the dealer doesn't buy or own them (Kubota owns almost all new Kubotas on dealer lots).
Most buyers are commercial buyers and they just order the equipment they decide they need based on available information/stastics plus maybe a little personal input/influence:). Schools, golf courses, state and local government are the big buyers so choice isn't usually left up to the guy that drives it.
Some of us are the odd people that go to a dealer and want to look, touch and ride before we buy. I myself bought my first one sight unseen. I saw a different brand front deck mower doing it's job on a golf course in Tn a few years ago as I was sitting on the back deck drinking coffee. I could hear it running and thru the mist this machine goes by and then back and forth and swinging around and never stopping just going. :licking: So, started my research and Barlows ordered one for me to see and I bought it when it arrived. It was a F2680e and I bought it about 5 years ago, sold/traded it back to Barlows for the 2nd F3080 about a year ago and then sold my 1st bought about 3+ years ago F3080 recently and then bought my original F2680e back with about 150 hours on it. Those of us that have them are sold on them but they are more money than a zero turn which really aren't even in the same ball game and I did finally try a Z but have not ever bought one.

What a difference a year and a half makes. :D I bought a small Kubota Z122r for my wife to use to help me mow home acreage. She loves it. A couple of weeks ago I traded the F2680e to a ZD326rp with 60" rear discharge deck for use on my level rental property. Brought the ZD326 home and tried it on some fairly steep areas and somewhat impressed but won't be trading off my F3080 4wd.

/ New Kubota F3990 - anyone buy one yet? #10  
I bought a F3680 recently and talked to several dealers about F series. The F3990 has a serious issue with DPFs. I was looking at a F3680 that was traded for a F3990. As I recall the conservation in 9 months the F3990 was in the shop 4 times for DPF issues. To my knowledge it's only that 4 cly motor, it's in the F3990 and one of their tractors as well.

Soooo do your research reallll well before popping for one.