Throwing in the towel

/ Throwing in the towel #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
:mad:I'm done.Finished.Give up. After 6+ years of ownership and $8k purchase price (most expensive mower I've ever bought)-trying to sell this POS Kubota GR2100. Not gonna fix it-what's the point? Spend a few grand now and hope their "upgrade" kit will last? I had seals and "upgrade" kit done at 415 hrs.-now at 578 hrs,tranny leaking oil from somewhere now,right rear wheel has no power,shaft from engine to tranny has some play in it at tranny,numerous glide steer cables replaced.This mower has cost me more money in the past 7 years I've owned it than the 3 other mowers I owned in the prior 16 years of needing a riding mower. Right now I'm looking at either a GTX2000 Cub or maybe trying my luck w/ a John Deere(a GX 345 or GX355),or maybe a cheapie from an auction in March. I just need to sell this Kubota POS-upsets me each time I walk by it in the garage:(:mad::(:mad::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: I will,however,continue to peruse these forums for tips and advice for my next mower.I wish I had found this site before I bought the Kubota:(........

/ Throwing in the towel #2  
I'm sure glad out of 17 Kubotas that I've bought that I never bought one of those.:eek:
Have never had any serious issues with any that weren't fixed almost immediately by my dealer. Most of mine have never had any issues.
Sorry that you got a bad one and hope you don't find that bad model in another brand.:thumbsup:

/ Throwing in the towel #3  
Yup , the GR was a bit of a dog. I thought they fixed the tranny issues with the update, but I have to wonder. I glanced at a GR in the showroom, glad I went with the BX instead. My sympathies, hopefully you dont loose too much in the sale

/ Throwing in the towel
Lose lose all the way around. Spend $2k-$3k for repairs on a mower only worth between $3k-$4k book value w/no problems? Dealer where I bought it has used one for $3500,and dealer owner told me it had PTO problem-I don't know if he was kidding or not,as he said he could take that one and mine and make a good one......

/ Throwing in the towel #5  
I was just thinking that I would have been ecstatic to have gotten even 250 hours out of either my old scott or JD115. I said the heck with it and just got a flail for my L3200 and leave it at that. Almost as easy to mow with and it does not run out of power or break down.
Good luck finding a new tractor that you are happy with. Personally, I just ask little tractors to do too much and I break them. So CUT's are as small as I go now days.

/ Throwing in the towel #6  
My old Husquvarna riding mower went 10 years with only belts wearing out...till the motor finally bit the dust. But for $500 and about 1-1/2 hours labor, i got a replacement motor and shes running 100% again. I only spent $1,400 for it new.

All i need it for is a mower, so i didnt need a large diesel model. just a riding mower. Heck, for $6,000 i could have bought 4 of these.

I have a friend that has a diesel Kubota mower with front snowblowerr (not sure of model but as i recall he told me he spent about $11,000 on it with blower). Hes had it 2 years and absolutely LOVES his. Guess it all depends on the model.

/ Throwing in the towel #7  
:mad:I'm done.Finished.Give up. After 6+ years of ownership and $8k purchase price (most expensive mower I've ever bought)-trying to sell this POS Kubota GR2100. Not gonna fix it-what's the point? Spend a few grand now and hope their "upgrade" kit will last? I had seals and "upgrade" kit done at 415 hrs.-now at 578 hrs,tranny leaking oil from somewhere now,right rear wheel has no power,shaft from engine to tranny has some play in it at tranny,numerous glide steer cables replaced.This mower has cost me more money in the past 7 years I've owned it than the 3 other mowers I owned in the prior 16 years of needing a riding mower. Right now I'm looking at either a GTX2000 Cub or maybe trying my luck w/ a John Deere(a GX 345 or GX355),or maybe a cheapie from an auction in March. I just need to sell this Kubota POS-upsets me each time I walk by it in the garage:(:mad::(:mad::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: I will,however,continue to peruse these forums for tips and advice for my next mower.I wish I had found this site before I bought the Kubota:(........
I have seen several of those for sale cheap that looked good from photos. Glad I didn't buy one.

/ Throwing in the towel
I'm selling it as is-buyer(if there is one) will drive it and know what they're getting. If it doesn't sell,well,maybe I could put the engine in whatever I buy somehow. The engine part of the tractor is awesome-too bad they didn't have better components surrounding it.....

/ Throwing in the towel #9  
My old Husquvarna riding mower went 10 years with only belts wearing out...till the motor finally bit the dust. But for $500 and about 1-1/2 hours labor, i got a replacement motor and shes running 100% again. I only spent $1,400 for it new.

All i need it for is a mower, so i didnt need a large diesel model. just a riding mower. Heck, for $6,000 i could have bought 4 of these.

I have a friend that has a diesel Kubota mower with front snowblowerr (not sure of model but as i recall he told me he spent about $11,000 on it with blower). Hes had it 2 years and absolutely LOVES his. Guess it all depends on the model.

You are in the, probably 98% percentile of riding mower buyers. My brother next door has a Husq, well he's on his second one and loves it for his little small lot. He doesn't get stuck that often where he has to have me come over and help push his Husq out of it's jammed in spot. He has a yard and it looks like it's out of a Magazine, he's a Certified Master Gardener. His Husq might last a year on my acreage but it won't mow 80% of my "lot" so I'd probably feel like I'd wasted $1400 if I had bought a store front riding mower 11 years ago, well I'd have to multiply that $1400 times 11 for the new one I'd had to have bought every year and cussing all the time because it wouldn't go up my hills and thru the gullies and sliding on a steep hillside is really dangerous and then pulling a tiller, landscape rake and have a 60" to 72" wide cut would really strain it and digging with the FEL and back hoe......Well, just keep thinking the Husq is the smartest one to buy and smile at those dummies that spent all that money for the diesel "mowers".
Oh, I started to buy a "riding mower" 11 years ago thinking that's all I needed but I decided it was a once in a life time deal for me. Paid for the expensive wheelbarrow on the front since it was a once in a lifetime deal. Well, if I had it to do over I'd buy the "expensive" Kubota mower again so I can keep doing my brothers landscaping work for him so he won't have to pay someone to do it while he rides around mowing and feeling good how cheap his mower is over mine.:cool2:
Have you ever done that apples to oranges comparison? Maybe the sports car vs pickup truck one?:) :) :)

/ Throwing in the towel #10  
You are in the, probably 98% percentile of riding mower buyers. My brother next door has a Husq, well he's on his second one and loves it for his little small lot. He doesn't get stuck that often where he has to have me come over and help push his Husq out of it's jammed in spot. He has a yard and it looks like it's out of a Magazine, he's a Certified Master Gardener. His Husq might last a year on my acreage but it won't mow 80% of my "lot" so I'd probably feel like I'd wasted $1400 if I had bought a store front riding mower 11 years ago, well I'd have to multiply that $1400 times 11 for the new one I'd had to have bought every year and cussing all the time because it wouldn't go up my hills and thru the gullies and sliding on a steep hillside is really dangerous and then pulling a tiller, landscape rake and have a 60" to 72" wide cut would really strain it and digging with the FEL and back hoe......Well, just keep thinking the Husq is the smartest one to buy and smile at those dummies that spent all that money for the diesel "mowers".
Oh, I started to buy a "riding mower" 11 years ago thinking that's all I needed but I decided it was a once in a life time deal for me. Paid for the expensive wheelbarrow on the front since it was a once in a lifetime deal. Well, if I had it to do over I'd buy the "expensive" Kubota mower again so I can keep doing my brothers landscaping work for him so he won't have to pay someone to do it while he rides around mowing and feeling good how cheap his mower is over mine.:cool2:
Have you ever done that apples to oranges comparison? Maybe the sports car vs pickup truck one?:) :) :)
i agree that it all depends on terrain and acreage that needs mowing. I have a tractor for the hard areas, i only needed the Husq for the lawns and gardens. A zero turn might be faster, but too $$ for my needs. Luckily i didnt need an expensive diesel lawn mower for my property. But to be honest, if i had that much grass that needed mowing...id sell the place. Im a lazy sac in the true seance of the word. I ended up fencing off 10 acres and let the horses graze there just so i dont have to mow it