GR2120 48 vs 54 deck

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #1  

Garth91

Tractor
New Holland LS45
Hi all; Been looking to purchase a GR2120 and have come across a decent deal on a lightly used machine with a 48" deck. If buying new I was thinking 54" deck just for the reason of being able to get close to trees etc without getting myself and the tractor in the trees. Is the deck 3" smaller on both sides or more offset to the left? Can anyone tell me how far the deck projects past the tires on the left side? I could compare with my current machine (NH LS45 52")
I only mow 1 acre so the overall cutting time between them should not be much different? Also the terrain is somewhat uneven and has slopes so maybe I'm better off with the 48 anyways?

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #2  
I cant help you with the 48 inch measurements, but my 54 is plenty big for my 1 acre. A 48 would work just fine as well.

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #3  
Yes,you'll have about 3" more on the right side for trimming.When you remove the deck for maintenence you'll wish it were a 38" deck. They are freakin heavy.Mulch kit works really nice on the 48" deck.

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #4  
I have the 48" I would say the 48" and 54" stick out nearly the same on the left side. The 48" is nearly flush on the right (discharge) side. I got the 48" to fit thru fences, and so it would fit in back of my truck. It is also one heck of a snow blowing machine. Philip.

Attachments

• DSCN4936.jpg
    DSCN4936.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,019
  • truck bed 02.jpg
    truck bed 02.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 1,042
  • mower protrustion left 01.jpg
    mower protrustion left 01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 806
  • mower protrusion right 01.jpg
    mower protrusion right 01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,155
   / GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #5  
Not trying to high jack the thread, but since this is the most recent discussion on the GR, have the previous issues been addressed with this model? Seems Kubota had some issues with the GR, from my reading.

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #6  
Not trying to high jack the thread, but since this is the most recent discussion on the GR, have the previous issues been addressed with this model? Seems Kubota had some issues with the GR, from my reading.

I have nothing to offer about the GR2120 mower decks, but I am glad someone brought up the troublesome issue of the GR series tractors.
I remember those bad reviews too.

I've been a very satisfied Kubota B7800 owner for 9 years and was very close in purchasing a GR2120, then started finding reviews of oil leaks and glide steering issues on the GR series.
Now I'm about to purchase a Husqvarna R322T AWD for mowing and snowblowing.
The R322T is lighter, more agile, and from all reviews I've found, more reliable at about half the cost of a equally equipped GR2120.

Maybe the Kubota's GR series tractors have been fixed, but I'm glad I found those bad reviews, and did more research, and found the Husgvarna.

Last edited:
   / GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #7  
Never knew about previous model issues before i bought my 2120. It has been working as expected so far (50hr). I had other non-kubota equipment and ran into problems, that made me sorry that i didn't spend the extra.

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #8  
I owned five Kubota's and never had a problem. Then I bought number six a GR 2110. I traded it off before the warranty was up. When it run right it was great and I liked it. It just couldn't run more then a couple of weeks before it got home sick for the dealer's service dept. I have not heard nor read anything bad about the GR2120. Sounds like they finally got it right.:)

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck
I have the 48" I would say the 48" and 54" stick out nearly the same on the left side. The 48" is nearly flush on the right (discharge) side. I got the 48" to fit thru fences, and so it would fit in back of my truck. It is also one heck of a snow blowing machine. Philip.

Thank guys for the reply's, and thank you Phillip for the pics, that really helps! Looks like the 48" will suit my needs.
Snow removal is in the cards for this machine as well, I think I actually use more in winter with all the lake effect we get here, giving the old LS45 a good workout this year! I am thinking of getting the GR2846A 46" Fun-Connect Snowblower as it comes with electric chute rotator, and deflector is a inexpensive add on, anyone have any experience with this blower? Is it just the standard unit but with a quick hitch system?

/ GR2120 48 vs 54 deck #10  
I don't the blower you mention is available in US. Curious to see where this goes. Philip.