GR2120 creeping

/ GR2120 creeping #1  

droy

Silver Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 55, ZD1211
Did a search, couldn't find any posts, wondering if I am the only GR2120 owner with this problem? Did fifty hour service, fairly sure I got all the zerks, even greased the service manuel in the zerk search process. IIRC, creeping began shortly after, greased linkage zerks again at maybe seventy hours, this seemed to help for a while, but did not stop the creep. Now have 95 hrs and don't know weather I should try greasing again, or what.
Had previously used either the Lucas, or the Mystic brand of grease, same stuff that I use on my 18 wheeler, don't think the grease itself is an issue, but I recently switched to the Schaeffers brand of synthetic, and will try that before next grass cutting.

Would like to resolve this, so any suggestions or advice would be appreciated,
thanks in advance.

/ GR2120 creeping #2  
What do you mean by creeping?

/ GR2120 creeping #3  
Sounds like it needs a linkage adjustment of some sort. Don't own a GR so I can't give you any specific help, but I'd follow your HST pedal linkage back to the transmission and see if there's any adjustments available - springs, trunions, damper, etc. Sounds like it's not going back to dead neutral. Doubt it's a grease issue if you've greased it good already.

/ GR2120 creeping
Thanks for the replies
By creeping I mean taking your foot off the hydro pedal, and instead of going into neutral, it will continue "creeping" in the direction it was previously traveling.

/ GR2120 creeping #5  
Sounds like it needs a linkage adjustment of some sort. Don't own a GR so I can't give you any specific help, but I'd follow your HST pedal linkage back to the transmission and see if there's any adjustments available - springs, trunions, damper, etc. Sounds like it's not going back to dead neutral. Doubt it's a grease issue if you've greased it good already.

Like he said. Just a matter of adjustment of the linkage. Check for missing springs too

/ GR2120 creeping
Like he said. Just a matter of adjustment of the linkage. Check for missing springs too

Thanks Pete;
What is puzzling, is that it worked great for the first season (approx), don't remember when it began this, but it did get gradually worse. Will check for any missing springs, but maybe an adjustment is needed after the "wear in" period. Have previously owned blue, yellow and white, green, red, and another orange mower, all hydros, with no problems in that area. That being said, I consider my 2120 to be one of the best mowers I have owned. Previous mower was a gas model-18## series, can't recall the exact model but think it had a 44" deck with counter rotating blades which was not Kubota's greatest idea. What it did have was a shock absorber suspension for the body- really made a difference in the ride!!!
If the 2120 had that set-up, would consider kicking out the dog and letting the Kubota sleep at the foot of the bed.

/ GR2120 creeping #7  
Just noticed mine doing that creeping thing too, when i backed it into the shop. I keep it close to my bike and almost backed into it, because it kept creeping....going to check into this myself. I have 48 hours on mine now. As with everything, adjustments are normal after break-in. Let us know how you fix yours!
I'll start off by lubricating all the linkages and friction points to rule sticking out.

Last edited:
   / GR2120 creeping #8  
Neutral adjustment is done with an eccentric bushing just inside of the left rear tire. It has a 12 or 13 mm head bolt that you loosen and a slot that you insert a large screwdriver into to turn slightly. Before you attempt to adjust neutral jack up and block drive wheels off the ground, front axle also on powered front axle models. All G and F series use this method. With unit running adjust until wheels do not turn in neutral, stroke pedal back and forth to double check.
The eccentric on an F series is right behind the battery on right hand side.

/ GR2120 creeping #9  
thanks whitetiger....very helpful tip

/ GR2120 creeping #10  
Thanks for the replies
By creeping I mean taking your foot off the hydro pedal, and instead of going into neutral, it will continue "creeping" in the direction it was previously traveling.

Local Kubota service mgr, says Kubota service reps are starting to recommend syn oil in transmission case, ask you Kubota Service Manager...