Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested

/ Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested #1  

kubgr2100

Tractor
Kubota GR2100
Hi This is my first post, for information on a Kubota 2100 with a failed transmission. I am seeking some information from owners/repairers on other failures.

I am based in Australia and have a 2007 GR2100 with only 350 hrs ,when the transmission failed due to the common bearing failure problem which affected the HST, Unlike in the US ,Kubota Australia did not conduct any extended warranty program or factory repair program , so customers have had no notification of the potential issues ,and they have told us it is $5100 USD to repair the transmission

Whilst Kubota Australia has admitted that they are aware of the problem they did not see it necessary to conduct a recall or service program, I am disputing this with Kubota Australia and hence would like some information from other owners around the globe, as Australia has some strong government regulations which forces companies to issue recalls based on local and overseas cases where a product has a significant fault which could endanger the operator ,so I am seeking assistance in this endeavour to provide evidence to our authorities.

Specifically if any owners have experienced dangerous situations due to their transmission failures ie due to our transmission failure we have lost all steering control and brakes on the mower which would have been a major issue if it occurred on a hill, do any other owners have any situations where they experienced a failure on hills or other dangerous areas.

Also if any owners have details of how Kubota notified you of the extended warranty program or other notification programs regarding the transmission faults.

Any assistance would be appreciated in our attempt to get Kubota to acknowledge their faulty transmission and address the issue for us and other private owners who have machines and are un-aware of this common fault,

mike

/ Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested #2  
Dealer supposedly installed some"upgrade kit" when my axle seals started puking @415 hrs. 15 hrs. out of warranty and it cost me $750(was going to cost $1250,but they knocked some off). Now @ 578hrs, leaking fluid from somewhere on tranny,right rear wheel freespins(no power to it),binds and clicks when turning. Kubota doesn't give a sh*t about the early gr2100 owners-nice to find out after spending $8k on a machine that should last well over 10 years. My advice to you would be dump the gr2100 and get something else-I did. Even if the new gr2120 kubotas transmissions are improved,their lack of effort to fix the known pos weak trannies and help owners of the early gr2100 has soured me on Kubota. I believe the diesel engines just have too much torque for these trannies.

/ Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested #3  
This is one of those things that Kubota needs to address, it is not if it is when these things self destruct. Going from a wonderful G2160 mower in their lineup to the horrendous GR series will forever impact their reputation in the mower market.

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested #4  
Has the transmition problems been fixed on the newer models?

/ Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested #5  
Has the transmition problems been fixed on the newer models?

I follow this forum and others closely and have not seen any complaints,yet.Many improvements over the earlier models.

/ Kubota GR2100 transmission failure information and recall information requested #6  
I can't really comment on the reliability as I only have 26 hours on my GR2120 but I can say I really enjoy it for mowing.Apparently the GR2120 has been improved upon.I hope that is true,time will tell.