Kubota Kommander

/ Kubota Kommander #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
Any one have one of the new Kommander series zero turns from Kubota? How are they performing? The warranty looks pretty good, I wonder how well they cut. My wife is doing most of the mowing now and would like something that steers easier than our John Deere all wheel steer it has been a good mower but we could use something that could get the job done quicker so we were looking for a larger deck. I was thinking about trading on a John Deere zero turn, I think I would get more on a trade with the Deere but the Kubota caught my eye. My mower cuts very well, everyone comments on our lawn so I think the Deere would cut the same or better, unsure about the Kubota.

/ Kubota Kommander #2  
I have driven the Kommander at the dealer, but I do not know anyone that has one. The dealer said they have not had anyone say anything negative about it. But I don't expect the dealer to tell me if someone did.

I am looking at selling my BX and get another zero turn. The Z700 series seems nice. Though I am going to look at other brands first.

/ Kubota Kommander #3  
they have sold very, very well for Kubota. There are lots out, and few problems to speak of. For the most part, its commodity transmission and engines with a nice Kubota designed chasis and deck. We sell 7 lines of ZTR's, and in its price range its one of the best values.

/ Kubota Kommander
they have sold very, very well for Kubota. There are lots out, and few problems to speak of. For the most part, its commodity transmission and engines with a nice Kubota designed chasis and deck. We sell 7 lines of ZTR's, and in its price range its one of the best values.

Looks like you get the bigger transmission and the warranty looks good, I like the bigger tires, the only thing I see so far is the rops is not foldable. I think I will try to demo one if the snow ever goes away, supposd to get 2 to 6 inches Friday. Hope the weather man is wrong.

/ Kubota Kommander #5  
Jimmy Joe.. please post your opinion once you demo the unit. I am considering one also and interested to know what others think. Thanks

/ Kubota Kommander
I'll be sure to let you know when I try one out. Turns out my brother just bought one so when the weather is good for mowing and the lawn firms up he said I could bring his over and try it out.

/ Kubota Kommander #7  
Yes, please post your thoughts. I am considering a kommander Z121S 48". I have been quoted $4979.00 the Z121S and $4529.00 for the "E" version.The Kubta Kommander warranty does look good. As does the large wheel size.

I am also lookinig at the Bad Boy MZ Magnum. The Bad Boy MZ Magnum is a good bit cheaper at $3499.00 but only has a 1 year warranty and smaller wheels. It appears to be built fairly stronge.

Which one is better? Are the two brands even compareable?

/ Kubota Kommander #8  
Which one is better? Are the two brands even compareable?

they both cut grass.

The kubota is more for a reason. Its a better series transmission, has a suspension seat, runs a better series engine, etc, etc. The "E" series Kubota would drop you a few hundred if you need not seen value in those things.

/ Kubota Kommander
Thanks Messick farm equipment, it is good to know they are selling and people have good luck with them. I'm looking forward to trying one out but snowing here again, we have had a solid 6 months of the white stuff. I'm looking forward to cutting grass again after all this.

/ Kubota Kommander #10  
I picked up a Kommander zg123s last week. I love it! Grass wasnt too long but was wet. I was still able to cut at top speed of 8 mph to test it. If you are used to a rider this will , really cut down on your mowing time. I ordered the bagger as wife inisted but havnt got it yet. One thing I read on another forum is to watch the rops so it doesnt catch under low tree limbs, or you will be changing your shorts after it wheelies. Let me know if you have any questions.