2013 KUBOTA GR2120

/ 2013 KUBOTA GR2120
View attachment 391053
I also have a 2013 Gr2120 with 54 inch deck . Mow in a woods with a lot of up and down hills. The mower handles the hills nicely , never spinning going up and not sliding down . Sips fuel and mows my thin grass with ease in the woods . was nicely surprised when I took it down by the road and mowed where the state hadn't mowed all summer. Grass was about 16 inches high and the Kubota mowed it with the same ease it mows my yard, My old Gt5000 sears would have had trouble with it. Only complaints I had were not being able to mow in reverse ( than told how to engage mowing in reverse ) and no front bumper. I adapted my Gt5000 bumper to it for my own satisfaction . No , I don't fly around recklessly , but I feel better protecting that hood .

Thanks for your comment and glad you are enjoying the machine. Although it may sounds repetitious, the reader always benefit from such repetition so that it entails that the matter is right (or wrong). It was my case before deciding to go ahead and buy that piece of equipment. Now past 50 hours of use, no problem, perfectly fit for my needs. Bx would have been too heavy, fitted with capabilities I would never use and much more expensive. But it is an all over other category. Fall is imminent, enjoy !

Last edited:
   / 2013 KUBOTA GR2120 #12  
I have a 8N Ford tractor with blade that does a great job, so a Bx would not be needed, not saying a Bx wouldn't be nice , but the added expense and heavier tractor would not be better. The Gr2120 goes up a hill in front of my deck that is steep and shrubs are at top . My gt5000 sears mowed it, but was actually dangerous, having to make a run and than sliding back down . The Kubota climbs the hill , stops , and backs back down never sliding or spinning a tire . I have shortened my mowing time due to being able to attack my yard from any direction, not having to change due to traction problems. Will mention , the hyrostat is what went out of my Gt5000 , so do worry some on the history of Gr2120 , Hope what I hear is correct . A very happy owner at present .

/ 2013 KUBOTA GR2120 #13  
My GR2120 was picked up in 2011 after reading about the earlier models problems. 54 inch deck with turbo bagger and turf tires. Have not had traction problems with the turf tires, have had a problem climbing a slope I have been up on both F3680s and the ZD331 when I had that. It just stops pulling, no whine from the transmission like a HST in too high of range. Will go down that slope under control however.
Have not mowed a lot with this setup, the bagger works all too well, having to empty the three bags within 500 feet of mowing. Great for end of the year clean-up.

/ 2013 KUBOTA GR2120 #14  
Heard of others having this problem , but have not had it with mine. I mow up a slope as steep as I would want to attempt and have not had any problems. Maybe I just don't have enough hours on it . Hoping I got a good one . Going down same slope , it holds traction good, without sliding down . Does make me wonder if I should put my leaf trailer behind it, might be too much weight for hydro unit .