Deck issue, lost pin

/ Deck issue, lost pin
If the tire's pressures are low, or there is rust on the wheel rim where the tire bead seats when properly inflated the tires will leak air until flat. Since both went flat it would most likely be underinflation in both tires. Check bead area for rust before re-inflating. Best to use a gauge to ensure even, correct pressures, as the wrong psi will affect cut quality too.

I actually replaced one tube a couple of months ago, and found it low again, and this time the other tire as low as well. Fell over dead on the hard foam filled tires prices, added from what I've read bout the bumpier ride.

Just picked up a pair of Ecoflex filled tires for $47 each and they seem to be working great (to short of a time to tell I realize, just hated having to keep screwing around with those tubes/tires).

/ Deck issue, lost pin #22  
I have a set of the Marathon run flats on the older mower, they are narrower & taller than OEM despite labeled as the same size. The older set lasted years before having problems.
Kubota has flat free tires on the front of the ZD mowers, why not ours?

/ Deck issue, lost pin #23  
I actually replaced one tube a couple of months ago, and found it low again, and this time the other tire as low as well. Fell over dead on the hard foam filled tires prices, added from what I've read bout the bumpier ride.

Just picked up a pair of Ecoflex filled tires for $47 each and they seem to be working great (to short of a time to tell I realize, just hated having to keep screwing around with those tubes/tires).

Was the shaft size the same?

/ Deck issue, lost pin
Was the shaft size the same?

Yes. Tires went on and are locked in without a problem.

Talking with the customer service rep prior to ordering, it seems the shaft size could be a issue, but after I took the measurements and they seemed dead on, added the fact that as long as I didn't greese the wheels I could return them, I figure it was a long shot it wouldn't work and I had nothing to lose other than shipping costs.

tire.png

/ Deck issue, lost pin #25  
Yes. Tires went on and are locked in without a problem.

Talking with the customer service rep prior to ordering, it seems the shaft size could be a issue, but after I took the measurements and they seemed dead on, added the fact that as long as I didn't greese the wheels I could return them, I figure it was a long shot it wouldn't work and I had nothing to lose other than shipping costs.

View attachment 383684

Can you give more details of size, part number and a web site to order from, maybe link to the page. Can't read this paeyou osted. To blurry when Ctrl+ used.

/ Deck issue, lost pin
I believe these were the tires I ordered for your Kubota:D

9x350x4 reliance flat proof smooth tire mounted on a white steel wheel with 3.25" centered hub length and 3/4" roller bearings. fitments - gravely, ariens, kubota, carlisle tire co. - Ken Jones Tires

They don't weigh a ton each (and bounce accordingly) and easier on the wallet.

EDIT: found the original link per what I posted. I'm including it because there is a very simple video at the bottom on how to measure for the tires.

Flat Proof Tires Flat Proof Tires for Zero Turn Mowers | Flat Free Tires

/ Deck issue, lost pin #28  
Thank you, very helpful.

I believe these were the tires I ordered for your Kubota:D

9x350x4 reliance flat proof smooth tire mounted on a white steel wheel with 3.25" centered hub length and 3/4" roller bearings. fitments - gravely, ariens, kubota, carlisle tire co. - Ken Jones Tires

They don't weigh a ton each (and bounce accordingly) and easier on the wallet.

EDIT: found the original link per what I posted. I'm including it because there is a very simple video at the bottom on how to measure for the tires.

Flat Proof Tires Flat Proof Tires for Zero Turn Mowers | Flat Free Tires

/ Deck issue, lost pin #29  
John, those Marathon tires are narrower and taller that the original tires even they are stamped the same size. They were on a one piece rim, the ball bearings did not last long. I cut the rims apart and mounted the tire on the Kubota 3 piece wheel assembly (roller bearings) . Have not measured them but both decks (60 & 72) look like they use the same wheel. When I got mine the picture showed the 2 piece rim but they were 1 piece. Had to adjust the deck due to difference in height.

SigArms, are those 2 piece wheels you can take apart if needed? The site did not show this detail.
Thanks for finding these and trying them.

/ Deck issue, lost pin
John, those Marathon tires are narrower and taller that the original tires even they are stamped the same size. They were on a one piece rim, the ball bearings did not last long. I cut the rims apart and mounted the tire on the Kubota 3 piece wheel assembly (roller bearings) . Have not measured them but both decks (60 & 72) look like they use the same wheel. When I got mine the picture showed the 2 piece rim but they were 1 piece. Had to adjust the deck due to difference in height.

SigArms, are those 2 piece wheels you can take apart if needed? The site did not show this detail.
Thanks for finding these and trying them.

They are one piece. Actually, last night, I put a level on the deck and I believe you are correct, they are slightly higher (probably about 1/4"). I've been busy with vacation/work/family, that I never noticed it at first and only when my dad was driving it last night thought it looked "a little off" per front deck height. How long did you get out of the ball bearings?