Grass clippings cover under side of Kubota F with rear discharge decks

/ Grass clippings cover under side of Kubota F with rear discharge decks #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I cut piece out of a big tractor truck mudflap and screwed it to the top of the discharge chute (area, not really a chute) on my rear discharge 72" deck to see if I could stop the cut grass from covering the bottom of my F. It did reduce it some but not a whole lot and it's leaving visible cut rows on my grass so plan to remove it since I prefer the spread out look of the cut grass. My modification not as effective with keeping grass out from under F as I was hoping and creating other bothersome issue of cut grass rows.

/ Grass clippings cover under side of Kubota F with rear discharge decks #2  
John, were you letting the flap drag on the ground or held up near the frame
I have wondered about a bellypan on mine (both) to reduce the grass caught above the frame. Both decks do it even though I blow the units off with an air hose or hand held blower.
Tracing the hydro delivery hose (wire wrapped) looks like I need to drop the deck and pull the drive wheels to get all the caught grass out of the way.
I had to lift the seat and engine cover to clean out the ZD331 I had with a 60 in side discharge deck. It caught a lot of grass under there and in crosswinds covered the operator to boot.

/ Grass clippings cover under side of Kubota F with rear discharge decks
John, were you letting the flap drag on the ground or held up near the frame I LET IT DRAG THE GROUND. JUST HAVE IT SCREWED INTO THE BACK OF THE DECK JUST ABOVE THE CHUTE AREA. IT'S PROBABLY 24" WIDE (ACROSS CHUTE AREA) AND 12 INCHES BACK WHICH LETS IT RIDE JUST BARELY ABOVE THE GRASS OR ON THE GRASS
I have wondered about a bellypan on mine (both) to reduce the grass caught above the frame. Both decks do it even though I blow the units off with an air hose or hand held blower.
I KEEP A 24" OR 36" AIR WAND ON MY COMPRESSORS TO BLOW BOTH OF MINE OFF, SHOULD DO IT AFTER EVERY MOPWING BUT DON'T
Tracing the hydro delivery hose (wire wrapped) looks like I need to drop the deck and pull the drive wheels to get all the caught grass out of the way. TALL GRASS CAN WRAP AROUND THE DRIVE WHEEL AND DESTROY THE SEAL WHICH COST ME $200 TO HAVE FIXED, THE SEAL WAS A COUPLE OF DOLLARS AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN TO THE SAME f3080 TO THE NEW OWNER WHO HAD BEEN CUTTING SUPER HIGH GRASS
I had to lift the seat and engine cover to clean out the ZD331 I had with a 60 in side discharge deck. It caught a lot of grass under there and in crosswinds covered the operator WHY I HATE THE SIDE DISCHARGE DECK OR ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS. I ALSO LIKE CUTTING CLOSE ON BOTH SIDE WITH REAR DISCHARGE DECK. HAVE ONE OF EACH NOW.to boot.

Guess us mowers share the same problems but still love my Fs and especially now that my newest one steers properly every time.

/ Grass clippings cover under side of Kubota F with rear discharge decks #4  
Guess us mowers share the same problems but still love my Fs and especially now that my newest one steers properly every time.
Still cutting weekly guys and loving every moment with the sound system full blast.
I pressure washer my side discharge 3680 every time I use it and no problems with build up at all on the underside. One thing I do though is hold the discharge hood up at 90 with a bungee and run the engine full blast. I have no clippings that way... 17000 KMph tip speed does the trick, everything blows out as a brown vapour.

/ Grass clippings cover under side of Kubota F with rear discharge decks
Have finally discovered the hand held air blower/vac, well have owned it a few years but never used it. Used it on F to blow grass off and was so impressed that I ordered another one to keep at rental property. Have to admit it beats the wand on air compressor method I've been doing for years so badly.