kubota TG1860G belt issues

/ kubota TG1860G belt issues #1  

redharley

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2230
This tractor was purchased new in 2007, I purchased in 2009. It has went thru what i would call an excessive amount of belts. Main drive belt was replaced 18 months ago along with pulleys belt broke today. it is not rubbed nothing caught in it, just a break at 1 spot in belt no other signs. Just broke as driving along mowing. Tractor mows about 1 1/2 acres a week for the season april -oct. In the time I have owned it this will be drive belt #4. normal or excessive. any thoughts that might help correct this issue. Tractor is great other than this.

/ kubota TG1860G belt issues #2  
Just the obvious and maybe not so obvious:
Make sure tension adjustment is set to spec and belt is the correct thickness to fit in the sheaves right.
The belt that came on my very used-to-me G5200 was too narrow and slipped until it overheated and broke.
Are you getting any indications of belt slippage? Squealing, smoke, uneven cut from one spindle?

/ kubota TG1860G belt issues #3  
I had the same problem with mine several times. Fixed it by sellin it. No more problems.

Roy

/ kubota TG1860G belt issues #4  
Where are you getting your belts ???
Belts from Kubota dealer are expensive. I tried a couple belts from Tractor Supply and other places over the years, did not even get a season out of them.
Back to Kubota belts, they last 3 or 4 years for me, I mow about 3 acres. I bought my TG1860G with 54" deck in July 1998, have about 1020 hours on it now.
No major issue except the Kawasaki engine plastic cam gear thing, fixed that myself for about $200 in parts.

Pete

/ kubota TG1860G belt issues
belts from kubota. replaced pulleys once also.putting new belt on now. thinking it's soon gotta need to go.