Gr2100 54" deck issues

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #1  

CHDroog

Tractor
CaseIH dx45, Kubota GR2100
I have a GR2100 with which I just replaced the transmission assembly. It drives like brand new now, but now there is a lot of vibration coming from the deck. I checked the blades and one was bent, so i put new blades in and still no difference. The spindles are tight as well; could it be the gear box? At a lower engine speed, the whole tractor just shakes. Any help on this would be much appreciated. By the way, the new transmission was pretty easy to install yourself which saved me about $500. Thanks.:thumbsup:

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #2  
if you take all 3 blades off and run it at different rpm's does it still vibrate? Philip.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #3  
if you take all 3 blades off and run it at different rpm's does it still vibrate? Philip.

That's a clever diagnostics check!
I'll have to file that one away for later use.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues
Thanks Philip, I will try that.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #5  
Is the deck driven from a transmission PTO shaft - not that familiar with the GR series. If so, I would look at the PTO since it seems awful coincidental that you'd have this issue after replacing the transmission.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues
Is the deck driven from a transmission PTO shaft - not that familiar with the GR series. If so, I would look at the PTO since it seems awful coincidental that you'd have this issue after replacing the transmission.

When I bought the "transmission" from Kubota, they actually included everything; transmission, hydrostat, control valve, pump, hydraulic pto and even oil and filter. Its a complete bolt on "20 series" unit. Kubota did this fix right. Good price too.
I will check the pto shaft for end play and slop.
I wonder if the pto shaft is out of balance. To install the transmission, I had to shorten the pto shaft to make room for the hydraulic pto vs the old manual pto. Thanks Chris.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #7  
When I bought the "transmission" from Kubota, they actually included everything; transmission, hydrostat, control valve, pump, hydraulic pto and even oil and filter. Its a complete bolt on "20 series" unit. Kubota did this fix right. Good price too.
I will check the pto shaft for end play and slop.
I wonder if the pto shaft is out of balance. To install the transmission, I had to shorten the pto shaft to make room for the hydraulic pto vs the old manual pto. Thanks Chris.

You need to cut both pieces equally when shortening the driveshaft.Any pics of the changeover,and what did they charge?

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues
Sorry no pics. paid $2000 + tax

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #9  
Recently had same vibration issue with 2120 mower. Turned out to be drive shaft for mower which was loose. The "loose end" was at the mower, not where it attached to the tractor.

/ Gr2100 54" deck issues #10  
Hmmmm.... seems to me that i picked up on some vibration this summer......What do you mean by " Turned out to be drive shaft for mower which was loose"?
Can you explain in more detail, maybe post a pic?