Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost?

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
I have the 48" model with the lights and suspension seat, anybody know how much the grass catcher kit is and is even worth it for picking up leafs? Do I need a mulching kit with this also? Because right now i dont have that.

Right now I just keep cutting in same direction and blowing the leaves to rear of property kinda pain in the ***.

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost? #2  
grass catcher up here is 2k. also think it creates a new pain in the ***.....filling up real quick, emptying a lot and having the wind blow it back...
Not trying to talk you out of it.....but i just run over them couple of times,

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost?
Thanks Pete, do you use the mulching kit?

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost? #4  
No, I dont. But it chops the leaves up just fine. I cut in one direction only when chopping the leaves up, and by the time i get near the edge of my property, they're gone. Dont get me wrong...i'm not a tightwad, but in my opinion, i think it's a wast of money and i really wouldnt benefit from it, just for collecting leaves couple day a year and have it sitting around in my way all the time, since i wouldnt use it for grass collection anyways.

Still thinking about one of these for my z1 series, anybody got one ? Looking for feedback.

I also own a bx25 but don't have a mower deck, my other option is to look for a deck and grass catcher for that but that's about 2k used.

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost? #7  
I just took delivery of a z121s this week and I'm just getting acquainted with it. Unfortunately I have not been able to carve out much time to use it yet. I was happy today to find I can finally mow in a straight line - - that was a challenge at 1st.
I asked the dealer about a grass catcher and have one on order - - the dealer price was about $950. I don't normally collect grass & leaves, but I use the clippings as much as I need to mulch the vegetable garden. And that organic material will get tilled in the next time I run the tiller. I also use the clippings to keep a couple of compost piles going, one from last year & one that I currently add to. Normally I want the cut grass to fall back onto the lawn or pasture as nutrient material.

Wanna bump this to see if anyone has got a bagger on yet.
Thanks

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost? #9  
Wanna bump this to see if anyone has got a bagger on yet.
Thanks

Can't really speak to this specific model (although I want a catcher for my Z724)...My mom's JD has a powered grass catcher and it does ok for dry thin cover leaves...Anything else, you'll be cleaning the chute. Doubt much changed between high end JD's and Kubota's..Could be wrong though.

/ Komander Series Grass catcher for leaf pick up anybody using it?Cost? #10  
I have the 42in (two blade) Kommander and I bought the mulching kit along with the mower. I don't have a lot of grass but I have always enjoyed mowing often and mulching vs. bagging. Putting the cuttings back into the ground is best IMO. You end up using less fertilizer and you aren't depleting the soil and gradually losing height of grade. The mulch kit works well on my Z122. Just have to mow regularly for a decently fine cut lawn... not a scissor cut like the old style mowers but.... That said, I also cut 2ft neglected grass with the mulch kit on and going slow but fast enough, it amazingly chewed it up well. Never bogged down. Just not full speed. I always recommend mulching.