GR2120 snowblower light install (plus BX, maybe others)

/ GR2120 snowblower light install (plus BX, maybe others) #1  

PHILIP8N

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 Kubota GR2120 Ford 8N
Got to use my GR2120 snowblower allot last winter. Main complaint would be lack of lighting. I just added a led light to the blower itself. I got 2 lights, but found a very simple mounting method for 1 light utilizing the gearbox brace. Just took the oem bolt out, and added the light bracket. Wiring was very simple too. Drilled one hole to tie wrap the harness to the blower, routed thru the grill, tie wrapped to the existing harness, and did a simple spice to the oem light harness with 1/4" spade connectors so I can remove it in the spring. This light only draws 1.2 amps, so pulling off the oem wiring will not be an issue. This will be a big improvement, but I may want a wider angle light if I am not happy. This may also work for a BX snowblower. Philip.

Attachments

• light06.jpg
    light06.jpg
    678.6 KB · Views: 464
  • light05.jpg
    light05.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 597
  • light04.jpg
    light04.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 801
  • light03.jpg
    light03.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 407
  • light01.jpg
    light01.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 445
   / GR2120 snowblower light install (plus BX, maybe others) #2  
Awesome! Good idea for those that need the extra lighting.

/ GR2120 snowblower light install (plus BX, maybe others) #3  
Hello! Nice light setup on the snowblower. I have a quick question as I am looking to purchase this exact setup. Could you possibly take a tape measure and measure the length of the tractor/snowblower? I have an existing Simplicity Landlord with a snowblower and I have a certain amount of length in my garage nook that I store it in. I'm wondering if the GR2120/GR2707 snowblower setup will fit. If it is possible to measure the total length of the combo I would be very grateful!

/ GR2120 snowblower light install (plus BX, maybe others)
My Dad had a Simplicity Landlord 7010 from the mid 70's. I used it till the early 90's, traded it in on a Deere, should have kept the Simplicity. The maximum overall length, from the end of hitch, to front edge of snowblower side plates, is 107" Philip.

Last edited:
   / GR2120 snowblower light install (plus BX, maybe others) #5  
Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for!

My early 90's Landlord has the single-stage blower up front and measures about 97 inches in length. The new Kubota will just barely fit so long as I keep my car nice and tight to the front of the snowblower bucket (I stack park the car and tractor and shuffle accordingly if I know I will need to snowblow or not).

Thank you so much for the assistance and the little story about the 7010.

All the best,
Richard