GR2120 Racor fuel filter / water separator install

/ GR2120 Racor fuel filter / water separator install #1  

PHILIP8N

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 Kubota GR2120 Ford 8N
There is not a water seperator on these small mowers, have heard of owners with BX's and GR's having freeze up issues, so I installed one on my GR. Once removing the rear panel, there is a huge amount of room for options. Racor makes an aluminum model, you could use a Kubota model, or other brands, but I chose the Racor 'Snapp' R23107-10 (10 micron). $33 plus shipping, rated up to 140 bhp. You also need 4 feet of 5/16" id 30R7 hose, 1/4" fasteners (4 washers, 2 locknuts, 2 1-1/2"? long bolts), and 2 3/8" hose clamps (for Racor connectors). I called Racor and they shipped me the 90 degree connector for free. The hose barbs that came with the filter are for 3/8" id hose, but I was able to muscle them into my 5/16" id hose. In the future, I may swap these out. Start by mounting bracket. I mounted my filter inlet 1/8" below the outlet of the fuel tank. Make sure you can remove Racor filter with bracket in place. You will drill thru the main frame rail and the axle mount. Clamp the oem hose near the tank since there is no shut off valve. Remove hose at oem fuel filter and pull thru frame. Remove oem filter and hose at electric pump, pitch oem filter and short hose. Run new hose from electric pump and fit to 90 degree connector. Put straight connector on oem hose. Now attach straight connector to Racor filter and let it fill filter with diesel. As soon as diesel comes from outlet of Racor, attach 90 degree connector. Only air in system is in new hose that was installed. I ran pump for 10 seconds, glow plugs for 5 seconds, started and ran with no issues. The 7 micron oem fuel filter is still in place near the engine. Couple hours work, not too much money, nice addition (should be oem)! Philip.

Attachments

• racor01.jpg
    racor01.jpg
    510.5 KB · Views: 1,014
  • racor02.jpg
    racor02.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 3,540
  • racor05.jpg
    racor05.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 1,062
  • racor07.jpg
    racor07.jpg
    782.7 KB · Views: 1,125
   / GR2120 Racor fuel filter / water separator install #2  
Nice work! Glad i keep mine in my heated shop and dont need to do this.

/ GR2120 Racor fuel filter / water separator install #3  
Beautiful, can't tell it's a home made job. Really nice, ENJOY IT !