Is the F3680 still a current model?

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #11  
I get about one hour per gallon on my F3080 with 72" rear discharge deck and about the same on my F2680e 72" side discharge deck. I wait till grass is high enough to mow before I mow and never bog down at any thing 6"s high or below and even higher if it isn't over the septic line. At wide open throttle mine will go thru 12" or higher with no issue except 12" over the septic lines will lower rpms.
You may have to call around to find one and understand some dealers don't want to lose the transportation costs to get it from another dealer. Kubota owns the new ones, usually not the dealers so cost for the machine is the same for all dealers but a dealer getting one from another dealer has to pay to go get it. The old telephone ad of "Let your fingers do the walking" may apply. Dealers can look for inventory on their computers but not sure how wide their search will cover. States broken down into Kubota regions with warehouses in/for different regions.
I tried TailDragons traded in Z at Barlows lot and wasn't for me since I don't mow real often (shorter grass) and therefore bought my previously trade in F2680e back from Barlows a year later.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #12  
I was at Barlows today checking on my tractor and saw Steve Barlow. I asked if he could find any Fxx80s and he said he would try if someone wanted one.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model?
I actually found an F3080 today at Messicks and got a price with 72" rear discharge. They also found an F3680 at another dealer on Long Island, but it had a 100" mower and they wouldn't separate them. I ran the numbers by my wife when I got home tonight and she gave me the go ahead to go new vs used. Kentucky would be a bit of a hike for me even if they had a F3680 in stock, so I will probably call Messicks back tomorrow and get the F3080. I've never had a chance to operate any of these F mowers, so I'm curious as to the difference between the 3 cyl vs 4, as far as smoothness and power. I know I'm glad I went with my L5740 over the L5240 when blowing snow, since my 7' blower works everyone of those ponies when moving 3' - 4' deep drifted snow! I hope I'm not making a mistake and wished I had looked harder for an F3680, however cutting grass doesn't require nearly the hp as blowing snow.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #14  
I actually found an F3080 today at Messicks and got a price with 72" rear discharge. They also found an F3680 at another dealer on Long Island, but it had a 100" mower and they wouldn't separate them. I ran the numbers by my wife when I got home tonight and she gave me the go ahead to go new vs used. Kentucky would be a bit of a hike for me even if they had a F3680 in stock, so I will probably call Messicks back tomorrow and get the F3080. I've never had a chance to operate any of these F mowers, so I'm curious as to the difference between the 3 cyl vs 4, as far as smoothness and power. I know I'm glad I went with my L5740 over the L5240 when blowing snow, since my 7' blower works everyone of those ponies when moving 3' - 4' deep drifted snow! I hope I'm not making a mistake and wished I had looked harder for an F3680, however cutting grass doesn't require nearly the hp as blowing snow.

Have Messicks install F3680 decals on the F3080 and unless your cutting over 3 foot high grass you'll never know the difference. Guarantee it!:thumbsup:
What extreme mowing do you plan on doing that your so concerned over the extra HP? I also have a F2680e and never encountered any lack of HP issues with it on flat rental property where I some times mow high and really thick grass. I have to have 4wd at home hill side or I'd have the 26hp there also which doesn't come in 4wd so that's why I have the 30 HP. I've looked at the 36 HP every time I've bought but never chose it because the additional HP with additional cost has never been needed.
Tip: I had to replace the drive wheel seal or had Barlows do it :) to the tune of $200 for the 75 cent seal and the man that bought it from me also had to have one replaced. Apparently he was mowing in really, really high grass as did I. Maybe 3 foot high grass, I was, but not positive about him. The grass had wrapped around the wheel like a string off straw bales and cut the seal so cutting field high hay may not be the wisest thing to do with your F mower. Use your tractor for that type mowing.:D Then use your F to keep it cut from then on. 12" high grass shouldn't phase it.
Next tip: The rear discharge mower will blow grass all over the underside, top of the mowing deck and open areas (battery area) instead of on you. I have air compressors and 3' air wands for a few dollars from Harbour Freight which I use to blow the grass off after mowing.......well, not all the times after mowing but sometimes. Have a side discharge also and HATE IT because the cut grass blows all over me in the wind plus I like using both side of the mowing deck to get up against stuff when I mow. The rear discharge deck also lays the cut grass spread out level instead of rowed piles of grass like the side discharge deck does. No need to mow in any certain direction to row up grass or not row up grass with the rear discharge deck. I'm a schizo mower, don't stay with the plan and take off in any direction without any reason without worrying about piles of grass. My Brother next door has the magazine yard and he's serious OCD. Drives him crazy watching me mow with no pattern which I can do using both side of the deck for cutting close to stuff and don't worry about piling up cut grass.:laughing::laughing: I do have a loose pattern some times when I mow and try to alternate mowing directions (north to south one time and then the next time diagonally which I can doo on my hillside with the 4wd and stability of the F on the hillside, up and down or cross ways. Have a video mowing cross ways some where on this forum.
Have the delivery driver lift your front deck so you can see how to do it, if he/she knows how. Not to bad but there are specific steps required to do it. It is heavy but I do it by myself.

I'm not that concerned with power for mowing. I was just thinking the extra hp might be nice someday if I wanted to put a snow blower on it, but I doubt I ever would as long as I have a real tractor. I did call Messicks back today to get the paperwork started on the F3080. They have to order the 72" RD mower though. John Thomas, you should start getting a commission from Kubota! Thanks to both you and Taildragon for the reviews and info. Now I can't wait to pick up my new toy. I'll probably be sitting on it in the garage making vroom vroom sounds while waiting for all the snow to melt. We still have a couple ft on the ground on the hill where I live, but I know once it's gone it won't take long for that grass to grow.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #16  
Glad to see another owner join the F series group.
I would recommend reading old posts for pointers like watching the small tires on the front of the mower deck,(replaced mine with run flats) lube points, cutting height adjustments, and like J.T. mentioned keep an eye on the engine temp cleaning the radiator and pre-screen when the needle moves out of the normal position.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #17  
:thumbsup: Yep, the screen in front of the radiator will clog and the vents around hood and then a horn will beep that it's over heated. As Taigragon says, keep the radiator, screen and holes on hood clean. I also raised the deck a couple of times and it wouldn't drop back down :confused::eek::shocked::confused3: Called Barolows and Gary told me to turn the speed dropping knob like on tractors, did and then it did. :thumbsup::cool2:
Tilt wheel, spring weight adjust seat, cruise control.......your ging to love it.:drink:

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #18  
Yes, the hood vents and rad screen will clog with the dry grass blowing around.....I keep a close eye (no warning horn on mine) on the temp gauge and on the vents......not hard to wipe clear while mowing. Always clean and blow everything clean (including air filter) after a mowing session. My 3 cyl had a very rough idle, but was silky smooth at anything above (I run full throttle).

My machine has an air-suspension seat....was that standard in '09? My owners manual does not say anything about it and the controls have become very difficult to operate. Anyone have a link or scan of instructions for this type seat??

Cheers from (mostly) sunny Tasmania, Rip

I picked my F3080 with 72" RD deck up today from Messick's. My yard is currently very wet, so I backed it off the trailer, did a few figure 8's in the driveway, and parked it in the garage. One thing I noticed is the HST seems to have a loud "whine," which I hope will quiet down with use. The HST trans on my L5740 is very quiet, so maybe I'm just not used to it. Is this normal, and will it ever quiet down as it breaks in? I'm not sure what HST fluid is used as factory fill, but I plan to use the super udt at the 50 hr break in service. I still have lots of snow that needs to melt away, but I can't wait for the grass to start growing!

Attachments

• 20150406_154101.jpg
    20150406_154101.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 333
   / Is the F3680 still a current model? #20  
Congratulations on your new acquisition! I also have an F3080 with 60" side discharge mower and 57" snow blower. I think you are going to be very happy with your choice.

The transmission does have some whine but to be quite honest, I never notice it , especially when running mower or blower. Up here, I always use SUDT and that may also explain why I don't notice it much, that and I usually wear hearing protection when running machine :)