Is the F3680 still a current model?

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #1  

greenrider1

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HSTC
Thinking of buying a new mower now that my tractor is close to being paid off. I see on the Kubota website the Fxx80 models are still listed, along with the newer 90 series. I'm not really interested in an F3990, which costs nearly $5k more, and is 4 cyl vs 3, which probably burns more fuel too. So, what I'd like to know, is if the F3680 is still in production, since that is the model I would be most interested in. I'd be interested to hear any feedback on the newer models also, since there's not a lot of info out there yet. Looks like current incentives are .99% APR for 60 months. Not too shabby. Thanks!

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #2  
I doubt the 80 series is still in production. Sure the new series number change indicates the new runs.
I currently own a F2680e and a F3080 and had owned another F3080 and sold it a couple of years ago, that's how I ended up buying my F2680e back. I need one 4wd for home property and 2wd is fine for rental property.
The F is the finest mower made. I prefer rear discharge decks and have owned side and rear. The F3080 has plenty of power for me and I wait till grass gets fairly high before I mow and I mow some steep ground.
Dealers usually don't keep the Fs in stock since the average person doesn't buy them, mostly golf and government or estate owners who usually order instead of window shop for purchases. I'm none of those but I want (need) the best, most comfortable and fastest mountain goat mower for my yard. The new unsold inventory is owned by Kubota who places the equip on dealers lots so your dealer or Barlows could locate any new 80 series inventory and sell it to you. There may also be some 80 series in the Kubota warehouse and your dealer can find that out for you.
if acquiring it from the other location is economically feasible.
[.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model?
Thanks for the reply John Thomas. I figured they still showed the 80 series until stock runs out. I will probably give Messicks a call since that's where I bought my L5740, and see if they have (or can get) an F3680. I have read all of your reviews on the F series mowers over the years, along with several others, and short of trying one myself, I do believe they are the ultimate mower. I'm sure a new one would probably out live me!

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #4  
If Messicks can't or don't then you may want to contact Barlows. They are probably in a different region which may have one that the north eastern region doesn't have. Barlows delivers a lot of Kubotas to the north east.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #5  
There should still be some F3680 s left over. This is why I bought my second one last year not knowing when they would dry up. They are a great mower to have. I encourage you to get one while you can.

Thanks. I'm going to call Messicks on Monday and see what's still available.

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #7  
Thanks. I'm going to call Messicks on Monday and see what's still available.
I wouldn't turn the F3080 down if they don't have the F3680 available. Obviously I prefer the F3080 over the F3680 since I've bought 2 of them. My buddy in Oak Ridge (who I think also buys from Barlows :) ) seems to prefer the F3680 but he has more money than me, well he did till he payed several thousand dollars more for the extra HP on two Fs. :laughing::laughing::laughing:
TailDragon: Getting close to time to fire em up and start mowing again. Confident both of mine will start first time quick turn after 20 sec glow plug.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cool2:

Just curious what you guys are seeing for fuel consumption for average mowing. I guess I looked at the specs wrong orininally on the F3680. I see now it's a 4 cyl vs 3 cyl for the F3080. I'm sure either would work just as well for me, and I doubt I would ever really need the additional 6 hp. Maybe if I was running the 100" mower, but holy crap, that mower costs as much as the tractor! I'm also looking at a used Jacobsen 628D, which also seems like a fine unit, but I think I just about have the wife convinced on another Kubota! These F's seem to really hold their value, unless they're beat with a ton of hours, hence why I'm looking at new with Kubota.

Looks like around $900 difference (retail) between the 3080 and the 3680. Of course, it all depends on what's in stock, and how bad they want to move one or the other!

/ Is the F3680 still a current model? #10  
Around 1 gallon per hour for my F 3680s, I bought the first one in 2006 after reading the specs and because the dealer had one in stock. The second one I bought last year because I have the factory manual for the first one. ($180) At the time commercial landscapers were recommending 1 HP per 2 in of cut. I have never bogged one down unlike the ZD331 with 60 in side discharge in very tall grass.
They are so much much better on the hills that I traded in the ZD after 400 hours.