Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models #1  

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
I'm planning on buying a new Z model Kubota and the option for flat free tires is $300 more.

Do the flat free tires ride rougher than regular tires? I have a bad back and need the smoothest ride possible and don't want to spend $300 more for tires if they give a rougher ride.

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models #2  
I am not sure about the zero turns but my BX has the foam filled tires on the front for the FEL. They are pretty firm. Would guess the flat free are thicker body and foam filled so may be firmer.

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models #3  
Why are you considering spending $300 for the flat free tires? Is your terrain such that you need them? Experience? I would guess that it would be a much firmer ride which I wouldn't like. I say... fix the rare flat and be dollars ahead not to mention the comfort which is worth a fair amount to me.

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models
I bought the Z a couple of days ago. The dealer only had ones with the flat free tires and his price was less than the dealers who had them with regular tires. I got it for over $2000 under the MRSP.

After cutting my lawn I was quite happy to find that the air ride seat is so comfortable that even if the tires were harder I wouldn't notice it because it had a very nice ride.

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models #5  
I like the the flat free tires. What model are you looking at? The front articulating axle really helps with bumps. And the dampened seat is very smooth riding when you adjust spring pre-load.

I just up loaded a video about my ZD326. May help you. Here it is.

https://youtu.be/DOYVLzbxeEg

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models
I bought the ZD326 also. I bought a mulcher kit and just finished installing it and it does a great job on the lawn.

Why do you have the pulley covers off of your Z?

/ Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models #7  
I bought the ZD326 also. I bought a mulcher kit and just finished installing it and it does a great job on the lawn. Why do you have the pulley covers off of your Z?

Hello fellow ZD326 owner! Glad you like your mower.

I have removed the pulley covers (they just unlatch) because when mowing a lot they tend to collect a lot of grass. I prefer to run cover less to prevent grass from packing in under the pulleys. Safety wise there's no risk to me since I'm on the seat and can't reach the pulleys.