Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor
    Yanmar 1802, Kubota L4400

Default Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models

I'm planning on buying a new Z model kubota and the option for flat free tires is $300 more.

Do the flat free tires ride rougher than regular tires? I have a bad back and need the smoothest ride possible and don't want to spend $300 more for tires if they give a rougher ride.
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200D,

Default Re: Info on Flat Free Tires on Z models

I am not sure about the zero turns but my BX has the foam filled tires on the front for the FEL. They are pretty firm. Would guess the flat free are thicker body and foam filled so may be firmer.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

Why are you considering spending $300 for the flat free tires? Is your terrain such that you need them? Experience? I would guess that it would be a much firmer ride which I wouldn't like. I say... fix the rare flat and be dollars ahead not to mention the comfort which is worth a fair amount to me.

Katrinaville LA west of Westwego east of Ama south of River Ridge north of Boutte, above sea level
    Tractor

I bought the Z a couple of days ago. The dealer only had ones with the flat free tires and his price was less than the dealers who had them with regular tires. I got it for over $2000 under the MRSP.

After cutting my lawn I was quite happy to find that the air ride seat is so comfortable that even if the tires were harder I wouldn't notice it because it had a very nice ride.
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

I like the the flat free tires. What model are you looking at? The front articulating axle really helps with bumps. And the dampened seat is very smooth riding when you adjust spring pre-load.

I just up loaded a video about my ZD326. May help you. Here it is.

https://youtu.be/DOYVLzbxeEg

Tractor

I bought the ZD326 also. I bought a mulcher kit and just finished installing it and it does a great job on the lawn.

Why do you have the pulley covers off of your Z?
    Happy Trails!
    Dudley

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho8 View Post
    I bought the ZD326 also. I bought a mulcher kit and just finished installing it and it does a great job on the lawn. Why do you have the pulley covers off of your Z?
    Hello fellow ZD326 owner! Glad you like your mower.

I have removed the pulley covers (they just unlatch) because when mowing a lot they tend to collect a lot of grass. I prefer to run cover less to prevent grass from packing in under the pulleys. Safety wise there's no risk to me since I'm on the seat and can't reach the pulleys.