Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D Z122r RTV1140

Default Joining the big size Z owners family. ZD326RP 60"

Ordered and on it's way. 6-3-15 expected arrival day I bought a small kubota Z a couple of weeks ago for home help from wife and she's claimed it. I'm thinking the ZD326 RP 60" may be a bit faster trimming around all the rental units than the F2680e 72" deck and more maneuverable being so much shorter. I'll see and give a fair unbiased report comparing the Fs to the Z.
    Kubota gives specs that F ground speed of F is faster than the Z but both run to fast to mow at top speed.
    Barlows now has a F2680e 160 hours with 72" side discharge deck for sale or trade.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck,2015 Z122r, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson 1652 Cab

Default Re: Joining the big size Z owners family. ZD326RP 60"

John, you have been wanting to try one of these for over two years. Glad to hear you are getting one.
    You will like the quick and easy cutting height adjustment.
    MF 1652 cab HST Kubota F3680 72" RD
    MF 1529 open HST Kubota F3680 60" RD
    MF GC2300 Kubota GR2120 with bagger
    Kubota L45

Tractor

I tried your trade in but it was a very short trial run and wasn't impressed especially after using the Fs for so many years. Sure the F is the better overall machine but the Z has some good features due to shorter length and tighter turning radius that seem to maybe be better for my specific needs at the rental location or I'm thinking so to the extent that I'm willing to put my (tax deductible) money forth to see. The F is already written off.
    I used the small Z around the rental units a couple of days ago and one of my tenants was on the F with the 6' deck doing the fields. I looked over at it coming in my direction and the F looked like it was going to eat me up and swallow me on the small Z. The F is one impressive machine and my tenant said he'd mow for me any time with a hugh grin.
    Guess seat time will tell.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck,2015 Z122r, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, .. Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 15 Subaru Outback. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    F3080

There is no such thing as the perfect machine that does everything right.

I don't think top speed has much to do with the easy of applying the machine to a particular area (I'm always in the slow gear with the F anyways for mowing and only use it at top speed when I'm on the road LOL).

I love the F series mower for my larger areas to mow, as well as the hills (particularly steeper ones) as well for very high grass, but I still use my zero turn for around the house where I have too many low hanging trees (like around 60 of them) bushes and shrubs to cut around.

It's just to easy for the zero turn to handle "the small stuff", and with the F being so much larger, end up having to manuver the F a lot more than the zero turn.

I've used the F for around the house and the smaller areas (about 4 acres), but find myself using the zero turn because of how much easier it is (not getting nailed by low hanging branches a big plus on the smaller mower lol).
    Just because you can't do everything, doesn't mean that you have to chose to do nothing.

Tractor

I think and hope it will be like the tractor owners where a different size (bigger) (smaller) tractor isn't better they are just bigger or smaller and based on need one can be great or horrible.
    I think we would all like to believe the BX or B or L or F or Z is the best machine if we own one but they each serve a bit different function, close with some overlaps but still a bit different.
    I know if I had to choose only one for mowing it would be the F but fortunately I don't, I can have all three.
    But I no longer even attempt to mow with the BX. Now if tractor needs were also important then the BX would have to go to the top since the F and Z won't run a FEL or BH. Different machine for different needs.
    Glad your still sold on the F. I've never regretted buying one and hope I feel the same about the Z 5 or 6 years from now..

Tractor
    F3080

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNTHOMAS View Post
    Glad your still sold on the F. I've never regretted buying one and hope I feel the same about the Z 5 or 6 years from now..
    If I had to have only one mower, even though the zero turn works better in smaller areas, I'd still choose the F all things considered.

I tried to sell my zero turn when I picked up your F because I didn't want to have two mowers, but for the money I put into it to fix it (didn't want to sell it broken for next to nothing), figured I'd never get my money out of it, so I kept it.

I'm glad I have two mowers now, but that's not the way I planned it LOL

I test drove a ZD on my property. Wouldn't trust it on the steeper hills, added it can be very easy to tear up some lawn if you aren't easy on the gas or turns. For your rental property however, I think it will do just fine
    Just because you can't do everything, doesn't mean that you have to chose to do nothing.

Tractor

If you know someone wanting a John previously owned and maintained F 2680e kubota with a near new because you didn't want it 72" side discharge deck tell them about it. For sloping or flat ground it will do great but wouldn't recommend for mountain goat property or like a few spot I have here at home location. Contact Barlows who delivers and in the $10,000 range. I'd recommend it to my Mother if she was alive, could drive and needed more than a small battery operated mower.

Tractor
    F3080

WARNING - Shameless plug

I was ready to pull the trigger on a new Grasshopper diesel when I started corrsopondeding with JT.

I ended up buying JT's kubota F with a little over 100 hrs on it (and delivered by Barlow's) for a little less than what I would of spent on the grasshopper, which in my book, was more than a decent deal.

Prior to buying a used mower sight unseen, I drove up to JT's place to check out the mower on a Saturday because I couldn't find a F mower local to me that didn't have over 1,500 hrs on it and was still around 3/4's of JT's asking price (fact is, I couldn't even find a new F mower around me).

JOHNTHOMAS is truely a class act. I took my boys up with me on a Friday night to have a "boys getaway" (and give the wife a little down time), and the hospitality shown by JT on Saturday went above and beyond someone just trying to sell a mower. Heck, it was a good 4-5 hour drive back home, and I had a very hard time trying to get my boys wanting to leave Saturday afternoon from JT's place LOL

JOHNTHOMAS is also a very good man whose actions speak louder than words, and practices what he preaches in his daily life trying to help others in my book.

Point being if JT has something up for sale, he will be honest and up front with you, and stand behind his word even AFTER you bought the mower.

This has been my own experience.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Massey-Ferguson 1652 Cab

John, what kind of celebration is Steve planning for the event?
    Will we at least get pictures?
    Still have not seen your name on the new annex.
    MF 1652 cab HST Kubota F3680 72" RD
    MF 1529 open HST Kubota F3680 60" RD
    MF GC2300 Kubota GR2120 with bagger
    Kubota L45

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Sigarms View Post
    WARNING - Shameless plug

I was ready to pull the trigger on a new Grasshopper diesel when I started corrsopondeding with JT.

I ended up buying JT's kubota F with a little over 100 hrs on it (and delivered by Barlow's) for a little less than what I would of spent on the grasshopper, which in my book, was more than a decent deal.

Prior to buying a used mower sight unseen, I drove up to JT's place to check out the mower on a Saturday because I couldn't find a F mower local to me that didn't have over 1,500 hrs on it and was still around 3/4's of JT's asking price (fact is, I couldn't even find a new F mower around me).

JOHNTHOMAS is truely a class act. I took my boys up with me on a Friday night to have a "boys getaway" (and give the wife a little down time), and the hospitality shown by JT on Saturday went above and beyond someone just trying to sell a mower. Heck, it was a good 4-5 hour drive back home, and I had a very hard time trying to get my boys wanting to leave Saturday afternoon from JT's place LOL

JOHNTHOMAS is also a very good man whose actions speak louder than words, and practices what he preaches in his daily life trying to help others in my book.

Point being if JT has something up for sale, he will be honest and up front with you, and stand behind his word even AFTER you bought the mower.

This has been my own experience.
    Thanks. Your to kind but I do appreciate it. Me and my family enjoyed you and your boys visit and we will never forget it.
    I've already traded the F2680e to Barlows so I don't have a dog in the fight just letting anyone that is already hunting an F model know about the one I traded to Barlows. It's in my building but it does belong to Barlows. I've been gone for a week and going to Barlows today to see if my ZD is in and ready for paper signing and delivery.
    A bit excited even though I've bought a few from him before. I still get a bit excited about a new Kubota coming my way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast