Kubota kommander won't start

/ Kubota kommander won't start #1  

t320pilot

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota KX 057-5 excavator , Ford 2600 tractor , Bobcat T320 with Fecon mulcher (sold), Kubota L2501DT 4x4
Ran fine while mowing then placed in park, stood up and it shut off. Normally I let it idle for a couple of mins. in the shade after running at full throttle. Checked all fuses and battery has 12.75v. Before loading it on the trailer and hauling it back to the dealership I was hoping to figure it out myself with some help here. I'm pretty sure it's a safety switch somewhere.
Only has 37 hrs and still under warranty.

/ Kubota kommander won't start #2  
Pto lever still engaged ? Still in gear ? Hydro petals not in neutral position ?

/ Kubota kommander won't start
Oh yea, checked all of that several times. It's going back to the dealership tomorrow.

/ Kubota kommander won't start #4  
So, what's the verdict? I ask because my z121s was delivered late this afternoon. I got on it just to start to get used to steering without a steering wheel [wasn't pretty]. I stopped the blades & ran down the drive to fetch the mail, came back & took the mail inside, after turning the mower off. When I came back out to put it up for the day, I just got a click, whenever I hit the ignition. Sounds to me like the battery.
I'd be happy to put my charger on it to see if that's the issue; however, I hate to admit I cannot find the battery. Really don't know my way around this machine. Where is the battery?
BTW t320pilot, how did you get your machine on your trailer if you could not start it? I've got to face that tomorrow.

/ Kubota kommander won't start #5  
So, what's the verdict? I ask because my z121s was delivered late this afternoon. I got on it just to start to get used to steering without a steering wheel [wasn't pretty]. I stopped the blades & ran down the drive to fetch the mail, came back & took the mail inside, after turning the mower off. When I came back out to put it up for the day, I just got a click, whenever I hit the ignition. Sounds to me like the battery.
I'd be happy to put my charger on it to see if that's the issue; however, I hate to admit I cannot find the battery. Really don't know my way around this machine. Where is the battery?
BTW t320pilot, how did you get your machine on your trailer if you could not start it? I've got to face that tomorrow.

Thought the battery was under the seat---Could be wrong

/ Kubota kommander won't start
The verdict is... I started it up the next morning and it ran perfect. Mowed all day, and everything worked the way it is supposed to. I will take it back when it happens again and it's convenient for me.

The battery is under the seat.

/ Kubota kommander won't start #7  
:D:D:D I to bought one of the small Zs with the gas engine. I used it a bit and my wife used it quite a bit and I took it out to my rental property, started it, it dies, I tried starting it with no good results, kept cranking and cranking, got off and did other stuff, came back and cranked some more. Got off and pondered and then decided maybe it was out of gas :eek: :ashamed: It was. Have gotten so use to my diesel Kubotas that sip fuel and I guess my bit and her more bits were longer than I realized. Filled with gas and it has worked perfect every time when I remember the right combination or finally get it to the right combination of brake lever, steering arm locations and choke or not choke. Now I have purchased a new ZD326 and having to learn the special combination of "stuff" in proper sequence to get it started which is different than the small Z.
The big Z died as it was being brought to the front of Barlows to be loaded. Gary had a difficult time starting it. He finally realized it has two tanks and one was empty which was the one it was running on. He switched tanks and then went back and filled both tanks. Has started fine every since with the right combination.

/ Kubota kommander won't start #8  
Yes, the battery is under the seat, thanks. As I said, I don't know my way around the machine at all, yet. 1st I needed to figure out how to raise the seat - - not too hard.
But my problem was operator error as I had pulled the levers in to be in the running position, and they should have been out. I did not know that because when I took my test spin at the dealer's, he left the machine running. Therefore the salesman didn't run me through the starting sequence that I remember - - just the parking brake & PTO position. Surprise, it started right up.
I look forward to learning the lever steering motor skill. I got my driver's license at 14- - that gives me 60 years of steering wheel experience that I've got to ignore.
I'll get there!

/ Kubota kommander won't start #9  
My owners Manual on the ZD326, which I read a couple of days ago to find tire pressure so I could lower mine, says NOT FOR PEOPLE OVER 60. I'm almost 68, I think, so I should have read owners manual before I bought but to late now.:D Really, it does say that.:eek:

/ Kubota kommander won't start #10  
Since i was born about a year before the attack on Pearl Harbor, I'm slightly over 60. You'd think if they were serious about that, they would refuse to sell it to you. It's probably just lawyer CYA-speak.