F mower squeaking?

/ F mower squeaking? #1  

Sigarms

Tractor
F3080
I probably put 3-5 hours a week on my F3080. Some of it's pretty rough ground, rarely ever mow in the higher speed range (pretty much stays on the "turtle").

I swear I hear the back end squealing sometimes and I'm not sure if it's just me or a potential problem.

I grease the machine on all of it's grease points religiously, never going past 5 hours without doing the whole machine.

Looking in the manual, there are only two points that need oiling, the seat adjuster and the throttle cable.

Am I missing something??

I almost feel like just taking some oil to all the metal contact points (joints) and be done with it.

Just wondering if it's just me or not.

/ F mower squeaking? #2  
I don't want to hear this! Just bought a F-Series mower....
What i noticed when i test drove it at the dealer is, 1) the engine cover latch seems "loose" and needs adjustment. 2) the black plastic fender thingys on both sides squeak a bit till the RPM is increased.
In your case, i'd take a good look at the engine cover for movement/hinges, asuming that that noise is behind you and not the rear of the deck...

/ F mower squeaking? #3  
Don't want to hear this either, I'm about to pull the trigger on an F2690 with RD 60" mower and snow blower.

/ F mower squeaking? #4  
Don't want to hear this either, I'm about to pull the trigger on an F2690 with RD 60" mower and snow blower.

Hello Gents,
As with most equipment, there are plenty of metal to metal contact points on the mower deck and the lift arm systems on the F tractors. I find that mine gets a few squeaks especially after I power wash it, but as recommended in the operators manual, its a good idea to put some 50 or 75 weight gear oil in a squirt can (or spray can of chain lube oil works best) and lube up as many of the connection points as you can. Squeaks are a fact of life unfortunately but they can be almost eliminated with an oil can... my 2 cents' worth.
You will enjoy your new investments as you become familiar with the machines, I feel the F series is truly a superior machine...

Dan

/ F mower squeaking?
Dan

Thanks for the reply.

When you mention operators manual, are you refering to the deck or mower manual, and what area in the manual (page number)? I ask only because I had to of miss it.

Common sense tells me to lube, and although I feel like an idiot for asking such a simple question, because I didn't see anything mentioned in writing, why I felt compelled to ask.

/ F mower squeaking? #6  
When you said "back end squealing", i assume it's in the back of the machine (behind you), but as we all know, sound travels.
does it only squeal while driving or does it do it when stationary too? does it squeal when turning or driving straight?
You need to figure out when it makes noise.
Check the engine cover,
Check the wheel bearings

/ F mower squeaking? #7  
Dan

Thanks for the reply.

When you mention operators manual, are you refering to the deck or mower manual, and what area in the manual (page number)? I ask only because I had to of miss it.

Common sense tells me to lube, and although I feel like an idiot for asking such a simple question, because I didn't see anything mentioned in writing, why I felt compelled to ask.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for?

Attachments

• Lub1.JPG
    Lub1.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Lub2.JPG
    Lub2.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 126
   / F mower squeaking?
Not sure if this is what you were looking for?

No, I have that.

I don't see anything in either manual about general "oiling and lubricating" metal parts (on the mower) other than mentioned per my first post (seat adjuster and throttle cable).

/ F mower squeaking? #9  
Being hard of hearing does have it's advantages. What's a squeak?