Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690
There is a process of moving a couple of pins, and a couple of simple one person steps to follow and then lift the front end of the deck up which is not for a wimp. A friend with a bit of strength to help with the lifting helps but I have usually done it by myself. Follow the steps and lift is pretty well it.
After cutting grass for the first time, i went about lifting the deck for cleaning and took me a bit figuring out how to keep the deck up right. Other then that and NOT forgetting to disconnect the drive shaft first, i didn't have a problem, but i will drive onto a 2x6 or two next time to raise the front of the machine/deck first, which should make flipping it up somewhat easier then it is already.

Poopdeck: It's manual.

Last edited:
Would like to see the Blower on that. Maybe get a Tufff Top on that for the sun.Is that all wheel drive??

I wont be able to show it with the Blower on it till after the cutting season is done, but i've seen pics and youtube videos online.
The F2690 is 4X4. the F2690E is not

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #13  
After cutting grass for the first time, i went about lifting the deck for cleaning and took me a bit figuring out how to keep the deck up right. Other then that and NOT forgetting to disconnect the drive shaft first, i didn't have a problem, but i will drive onto a 2x6 or two next time to raise the deck first, which should make flipping it up somewhat easier then it is already.

Popeye: It's manual.

You don't have to disconnect the drive shaft. Just make sure d shaft cover on deck is lifting up (spring loaded) when lifting the deck and one of those points where a helper would come in handy.
Lift the deck to full lift before raising which helps the rear wheels clear the ground or driving up on something could also help. I've always done it on concrete driveway or in garage. Had help one time which made a big difference.

You don't have to disconnect the drive shaft. Just make sure d shaft cover on deck is lifting up (spring loaded) when lifting the deck and one of those points where a helper would come in handy.
My owners manual tells me to disconnect the drive shaft in the "How to Tilt up" section, step 4 on page 15. That cover's purpose you mentioned, is to allow you to raise the deck off the ground when transporting the machine, or raising the deck off the ground when your not cutting. Maybe that's the reason your having such a hard time tilting it straight up, or your deck works different compared to mine.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #15  
My owners manual tells me to disconnect the drive shaft in the "How to Tilt up" section, step 4 on page 15. That cover's purpose you mentioned, is to allow you to raise the deck off the ground when transporting the machine, or raising the deck off the ground when your not cutting. Maybe that's the reason your having such a hard time tilting it straight up, Trouble is the weight combined with my age and lifting abilityor your deck works different compared to mine.

I disconnected the drive shaft one time and have never disconnected again on any of my three and the cover I mentioned with the spring lifts way up for the drive shaft to stay connected. My manuals don't say to disconnect the drive shaft to raise the deck on any of the three I've owned. If I was stronger it isn't difficult or even hard but my decks are really heavy with the weight having to be lifted in the front to make it pivot on it's pivot pins. If you think yours isn't heavy then I say your one mighty strong man.:drink:

As i said before, our decks may be different. Here are the first 4 steps on how to tilt my RCK60P-F39.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #17  
There is a process of moving a couple of pins, and a couple of simple one person steps to follow and then lift the front end of the deck up which is not for a wimp. A friend with a bit of strength to help with the lifting helps but I have usually done it by myself. Follow the steps and lift is pretty well it.

Have you ever considered buying one of these and modifying it a little and using it instead of the ole back? Shinn Fu Lawn Mower Lift, 350 Lb. Cap. T-5350B | Zoro.com

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #18  
After it was delivered, i checked Tire pressures, fluid levels, adjusted the deck to my liking and made sure all is good. I then put it to work and man oh man.....what a Animal!
I love this mower, It's seat, cut quality and power. Just have to remember to be careful when i get close to something and watch the back end when turning!!!!
The Snow blower will be installed after cutting season ends by the dealer, who will pick it up and bring it back.

Now that is what one would call a mower. Going from the GR2120 for mowing to the F2690 must seem like going from a first year model of a VW Beetle to a current day Rolls Royce. Enjoy.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #19  
Have you ever considered buying one of these and modifying it a little and using it instead of the ole back? Shinn Fu Lawn Mower Lift, 350 Lb. Cap. T-5350B | Zoro.com

It wouldn't lift it high enough. I have a FEL and BH on my BX25 which I can use but still able to do it by might myself but maybe a day will come when I use a overhead hoist or my tractor.:thumbsup:
Until your post I didn't realize the F2690 came in 4wd. My F2680e and the F2680 series were all 2wd as far as I know and required going to the F3080 to get the 4wd. The F2680e 2wd did great job for me on fairly level rental lot and even with the 72" deck never lacked for power as the F3080s also have never lacked for mowing power even with my fat butt and going up steep hills and fairly high grass.

/ Good bye GR2120. Hello F2690 #20  
As i said before, our decks may be different. Here are the first 4 steps on how to tilt my RCK60P-F39.

Hello Pete,

I'm on John's page with this one. The manual is asking you to remove the shaft to be on the safe side in the event that a non-mechanical person tries to tilt up the deck without first aligning the u-joint. You can certainly leave the D shaft connected. Just lift up the spring loaded guard and ensure that the drive shaft yoke (the one which is connected to the input shaft of the mower deck) is in the horizontal position, so that you're not fighting the u-joint. As for a one man tilt, I find these decks to be heavy as **** (maybe I am becoming a wimp in my old age)... in any case, I'm working on a 4 or 5 foot leaver arm that will permit me to stand on the left side of the machine, and just pull back to tilt the deck. I find that going up is heavy but letting it back down is a real task!

Dan