New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers

/ New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers #1  

LPSteinmetz

Silver Member
Tractor
2015 Kubota L4060HST, LA805 FEL, Land Pride RCF2772 Rotary Cutter, Land Pride BB1272 Box Scraper, Land Pride PFL3048 Plate Mounted Pallet Forks
Hello all,

I was all set to order a 2015 Kubota ZD326 rear discharge last month but my dealer was told by Kubota that they weren't taking any new orders for the ZD326 as they were coming out with their 2016 line up soon. I noticed yesterday that Kubota now has the ZD1000, ZD1200 and ZD700 on their website but they don't have a "Build My Kubota" link yet. I contacted my local Kubota dealer and all he had heard was that the new mowers won't be available until April and he didn't have any pricing yet. I was curious if there was anyone here on the forum that might have more information on these new mowers than my local guy? Thanks.

/ New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers
Better have your local guy go take another look. I have 4 of the new ones in stock.

Before I go to GQ on my local guy, are all new models available...I'm interested in the ZD1200 and curious if it comes with a rear discharge? Thanks.

/ New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers #5  
I bought a ZD326 this year. I insisted on the rear discharge against several "advisors" at the dealership. Having owned several rear and sider discharge decks. I knew what I wanted and knew how both work thru years of experience. I hate side discharge. Don't let anyone talk you out of the rear discharge, I didn't and glad I didn't. Love the rear discharge on my ZD326 and F3080 especially now that I've started using my leaf blower after mowing to clean the cut grass off of them which is the only down side that I've found to the rear discharge decks.

I bought a ZD326 this year. I insisted on the rear discharge against several "advisors" at the dealership. Having owned several rear and sider discharge decks. I knew what I wanted and knew how both work thru years of experience. I hate side discharge. Don't let anyone talk you out of the rear discharge, I didn't and glad I didn't. Love the rear discharge on my ZD326 and F3080 especially now that I've started using my leaf blower after mowing to clean the cut grass off of them which is the only down side that I've found to the rear discharge decks.

As you suggest...I'm digging my feet in on the rear discharge. The reason I don't have a ZD326 already is because they didn't have one on the floor and would have to order it. The salesman said that he had only sold one rear discharge in his 20 years working at the dealer. He wasn't blantantly saying I was an idiot for wanting one but there was certainly a hint of it in the air.

/ New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers #7  
I'll poo poo rear discharge as well. We (and maybe dealerships probably) have taken several back because they do not preform as well as side discharge in thick and heavy grass.

I'll poo poo rear discharge as well. We (and maybe dealerships probably) have taken several back because they do not preform as well as side discharge in thick and heavy grass.

I discussed this very thing today with a salesman at a different Kubota dealer than the one closest to my home. He pretty much said the same thing but he was primarily talking about large grass areas where the grass was allowed to get 8-10 inches tall. Other than this time of year when we have some small patches of wild grass, I never allow ours to get that tall and, if we did, I would use a rotary cutter instead. Still, I hear a lot of people say this about rear discharge so I am not completely dismissing what others have said.

/ New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers #9  
I discussed this very thing today with a salesman at a different Kubota dealer than the one closest to my home. He pretty much said the same thing but he was primarily talking about large grass areas where the grass was allowed to get 8-10 inches tall. Other than this time of year when we have some small patches of wild grass, I never allow ours to get that tall and, if we did, I would use a rotary cutter instead. Still, I hear a lot of people say this about rear discharge so I am not completely dismissing what others have said.

I hate mowing so I don't mow when grass grows an inch or weekly. I do mow when it's 3" to 4" tall and all of my rear discharge mowers have worked well. I will agree that the Z is NOT for cutting high grass. They are more for your more regular grass cutter guy.
I find it interesting when people say high grass clumps up or rows up with rear discharge decks and always wonder where the grass from side discharge decks goes? Talk about clumping/rowing up......that what a side discharge deck does much worse than the rear discharge deck. The rear discharge deck keeps what has been cut in one 50" or 72" or 60" row no matter your mowing pattern. Where does side discharge go around the house or flower garden? Do two or more passes with a side discharge deck in the same direction or even mow back a forth and you have the cutting massing up in a row.
Talk to other rear discharge deck owners/users and not side line coaches that pass on stories that have no names. I've used them myself personally for 11 years and not telling what people told me.
........................."because they do not preform as well as side discharge in thick and heavy grass." not disputing this because logic tells you the rear discharge is continuing to cut and recut the grass under the deck and if it's high it's cutting grass over and over where the side discharge deck is throwing the cut grass out the side but you have to deal with that cut grass at some point in time and my contention is that it's more of a problem to deal with later than at the time of the actual cutting.
Come try both of mine in the spring and see for yourself. I do also have a small Z with the side discharge that you can use and we'll let you mow for hours and hours to see for yourself.:D

/ New 2016 Kubota ZD Mowers #10  
Another vote for rear discharge, have 2 F3680s with RD decks (60 & 72). Had a ZD331 with side discharge
and traded it in on a second F.
The new ZD2111 appears to have corrected one reason I traded, one fuel gauge instead of a blinking light on the right tank.