G series transmission leaks

/ G series transmission leaks #1  

Old Beekeeper

Tractor
Kubota BX
I was just about to buy a new G series when a Kubota mechanic told me that if I work it on hills (which I am on a side hill) or mount a snow blower, the clam shell transmission will start leaking fluid at the small lines. I have backed off and may move to a Deere 580, but what has been your experience? Is the G series diesel a bad choice?

/ G series transmission leaks #2  
I had one for 2 years and was blowing snow a lot with it. Never had any issues with the GR2120, except for the deck which was getting noisy and i believe the bearing where bad on it. Traded it for a F2690 but had intended to do so before the deck got nosy. The mower was good as gold and have nothing bad to say about it. Some changes have been made to the new GR models from what i read on one of the posts on here. Tranny was one of the items that got addressed.

/ G series transmission leaks #3  
I have a G1900 and use it on a sloped lot. Never any transmission trouble
The thing is a tank, so much better than the box store mowers I've had in the past.

Good luck.

/ G series transmission leaks #4  
I was just about to buy a new G series when a Kubota mechanic told me that if I work it on hills (which I am on a side hill) or mount a snow blower, the clam shell transmission will start leaking fluid at the small lines. I have backed off and may move to a Deere 580, but what has been your experience? Is the G series diesel a bad choice?

The clam shell transmission that you are talking about is on the GR series, please do not confuse with the previous G series machines that have a very good history.

Kubota has screwed the owners on the GR2100/GR2110 machines with their sub standard transaxles and poor customer response to the defective units and failure to stand behind them and make repairs for the poorly engineered design.

Glad I got the last G2160-60 that my dealer had.

David

/ G series transmission leaks #5  
I have a G1900 with over 1,200 hours on it and never had any problems with leaks. I think your guy has the model numbers mixed up.

/ G series transmission leaks #6  
Kubota has screwed the owners on the GR2100/GR2110 machines with their sub standard transaxles and poor customer response to the defective units and failure to stand behind them and make repairs for the poorly engineered design.

Glad I got the last G2160-60 that my dealer had.
I agree. I've had my G2160-54 for more than ten years now and the transaxle is literally bullet proof. Change the fluid and filter every 3 or 4 hundred hours and it will almost certainly last you a lifetime

Don