Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck
I would have thought the Ride would have been too hard. I figured the machine would hit hard on the terrain and you would need a Kidney belt. I just put Tubes in my weepy tires

The tires are on the front mounted deck sticking out in front of the Kubota so the deck probably would do some bouncing at high speeds with the hard foam but probably not with all slime fill. The deck is independent of the machine connected with pins that allow deck to ride on it's wheels so doesn't affect the machine ride. I did put some slime in the drive wheels due to slow leaks but it doesn't harden up so doesn't affect machine ride.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #12  
I ordered mine with foam filled deck tires (done locally). Very satisfied and have no excess bouncing.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #13  
When I ordered my f2690 last week I talked to my dealer about the discussion about the front mower tires, he said if I have a problem he has a source to replace the tires with solid tires. I will contact him about the tires.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #14  
I've use solid, square profile tires on my front mounded "Brush Hog". I had problems pushing tires off, tearing valve stems out and punctures. The square profile seemed to reduce the push off tendency. I bought a mounting cone for the press to put the tires back on the rims. Works well for me.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #15  
Never ceases to amaze me how many people think foam is ridgid and makes equipment ride rough. That' simply not accurate as the foam is actually more like a rubber consistency. Great way to get ballast and avoid every having to deal with a flat tire as well but it's not cheap.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #16  
My dealer said he sales the solid tires for 35.00 a tire

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #17  
I probably have 70 hours on them now without any issues. Do keep them well greased after each mowing session.

Over 150 hours and my "flat free" deck tires are still holding up. Do grease them well after each mowing session.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #18  
My dealer said he sales the solid tires for 35.00 a tire

Did he say people complain about them due to the rough ride?

Some people seem to think solid tires ride rough but I suspect the only difference you notice is never having a flat.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #19  
I was speaking of the tires on the deck. My tires on the tractor are air filled. I noted they were riding pretty rough initially. I checked the pressure and the dealer sent them with 40 to 45 pounds pressure. I lowered this to about 20 and it made a LOT of difference.

/ Foam filled front tire on F mowing deck #20  
Did he say people complain about them due to the rough ride?

Some people seem to think solid tires ride rough but I suspect the only difference you notice is never having a flat.

No we just talked about mower tires going flat and how sometimes the wheels pins come off causing wheels to be run over. (Those issues were discussed on the forum, I don't have my F2690 yet)