Another new Kubota ZD1211-60

/ Another new Kubota ZD1211-60 #1  

MSoiland

Tractor
Kubota ZD1211-60
Hello there,

Just updgraded my Kubota ZG222-48 ProDeck to ZD1211-60 this weekend.

Love the Kubota quality and how i can abuse the machine in super tall Spring grass. Looked at the new Spartans and some others but they are all belt driven by one belt from the engine and one belt for the deck.

Also love the diesel as i can easily pump off-highway diesel from my business.

Anyone else besides the other poster try this machine yet?

I did have overheating issues on the first mow. I was in really tall and dry grass so the intake screens plugged several times. Had to stop and clear them as well as remove and clean the radiator screen under the hood. Wonder is this will be normal or if my engine has a coolant leak or the main core was down on fluid? Never checked.....only checked the overflow bottle.

/ Another new Kubota ZD1211-60
Anybody with any insights or updates on running this new mower?

Mine overheated on the first use as i mentioned above. I topped off the coolant bottle with fresh water. After a couple more hours of use and no overheating the bottle is way down on coolant. Issue? Wonder if i have a small leak somewhere?

Radiator stays topped off between mows.

Thanks!

/ Another new Kubota ZD1211-60 #3  
Anybody with any insights or updates on running this new mower?

Mine overheated on the first use as i mentioned above. I topped off the coolant bottle with fresh water. After a couple more hours of use and no overheating the bottle is way down on coolant. Issue? Wonder if i have a small leak somewhere?

Radiator stays topped off between mows.

The coolant bottle level should be at a higher point when the radiator coolant is hot/expanded and then indicate less fluid when the coolant cools down and contracts. Appears like yours is functioning properly, just leave it alone. If your radiator level is topped off when the fluid has cooled down, that's the way it's supposed to be.

Thanks!

Engine fan is sucking air in to blow across radiator to cool down coolant. If fine particles are flying around, they will get sucked into the filtering screen and clog it which is better than clogging the radiator. Watch your screen when doing the real high grass and especially if it's pretty dry. Also watch your temp guage and figure out it's normal level when mowing. When it starts going above normal level then stop and clean screen or keep an eye on how high it goes and if you believe it's going to high, stop and clean screen.

/ Another new Kubota ZD1211-60
Yes thanks. 2 bubbles on the guage is the really cool operating range. 4 bars or bubbles is pretty warm.