Little Z is throwing the belt...

/ Little Z is throwing the belt... #1  

flyash

Tractor
Kubota L4400/LA764, B2710, RTV1100, Z122R
Well I was hoping that my Little Z was gonna cruise thru life without a hitch. Nope...went to mow today and she thru a the belt EVERY time I went to engage the blades. After my 3rd attempt I loaded her up and dropped her off at the dealership. Said he just took another Z122R earlier in the week having the same issue. Dang it!!!!!!!

/ Little Z is throwing the belt... #2  
Mine old Z threw the belt once due to the deck being caked with mud... was your deck clean? The trick is trying to get that dang tensioner loose enough to get the belt back on :)

/ Little Z is throwing the belt... #3  
Well I was hoping that my Little Z was gonna cruise thru life without a hitch. Nope...went to mow today and she thru a the belt EVERY time I went to engage the blades. After my 3rd attempt I loaded her up and dropped her off at the dealership. Said he just took another Z122R earlier in the week having the same issue. Dang it!!!!!!!
Uh oh... I'm on my second mowing season with no issues yet but am curious as what is causing this to happen to others? If there is a preemptive mod/fix that would be nice to know.

/ Little Z is throwing the belt...
Only have 8 hours on it. It's kept very clean. No build up of anything that would make the belt jump upon engagement. Not even in my sights as an issue.

I've not heard from dealer yet....I'll def let y'all know what I find out.

There is a "campaign" on all Z122R's. They are now putting belt guides on them. Per dealer.......

/ Little Z is throwing the belt... #7  
are you engaging the pto drive belt at high rpm (recommended for my zero turn)? try that. if it still persists, there is a problem & you might have to fashion a guide as suggested above

Finally got the call to come get it! I'll take some pics of the fix Kubota came up with later this afternoon. Oddly enough.....the loner mower ....used ZG124E ....they hooked me up with was the mower I was thinking about buying before the Little Z. Glad I went with the Kawasaki instead of the Briggs. Cuts well just backfires spits sputters and acts like it belongs back on the MTD junk it was meant for.....IMO of course. Can't wait to mow today!

/ Little Z is throwing the belt... #9  
Finally got the call to come get it! I'll take some pics of the fix Kubota came up with later this afternoon. Oddly enough.....the loner mower ....used ZG124E ....they hooked me up with was the mower I was thinking about buying before the Little Z. Glad I went with the Kawasaki instead of the Briggs. Cuts well just backfires spits sputters and acts like it belongs back on the MTD junk it was meant for.....IMO of course. Can't wait to mow today!
Yes please post the fix pics!

/ Little Z is throwing the belt... #10  
Mine old Z threw the belt once due to the deck being caked with mud... was your deck clean? The trick is trying to get that dang tensioner loose enough to get the belt back on :)

I know the thread is old but the belt just came off my Z125. I rethreaded it best I could, but could not get it on the engine pulley. Finally, I disconnected the tension spring, threaded the belt, then used a ratcheting cargo strap to pull the spring back over the stud on the deck.