G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success

/ G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success #1  

wadeatl

Tractor
Kubota G1900
I have been using this site for years .. thanks in advance for the indirect advice already!

I have a G1900 that has been great for many years. All of a sudden one day it would no longer start. I've been all over the web reading posts of what could be the issue. The first thing I did was test the safety switches. I am only aware of of them, one on the seat, one on the brake and one on the PTO for the mower deck. All checked out fine. Next I checked the connection to the ground and battery and that is good. I then took the starter into Advance Auto and they tested on their tester and it powered right up and passed the test. Next I added the Black Box and thought that would the trick. Well it didn't and I am now at a lose of where to look next. Please let me know if there is anything I am missing.

I Forgot to mention I changed the ignition switch recently and would think its still good.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
   / G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success #2  
Is the oil low ? Low oil shut down.

/ G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success #3  
Recheck the wires on the switch. Make sure they are wired to the right terminals and are tight.
Check fuses and all ground wires.

/ G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success #4  
Had the same problem on mine in cold weather many times. It works fine in warm weather. Couldn't isolate the reason so I ended up directly wiring in a separate push button starter switch to the starter that bypasses the ignition switch. The key switch is still used to operate glow plugs, gauges and to shut off the tractor. This Inexpensive solution is available from most any auto parts store. Installation is easy.

/ G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success #5  
Describe "wont start" Key turns and ...? Silence? Clicking?

/ G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success #6  
Is the engine locked up? Do you get any power at all? lights? Any humming?

/ G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success
   / G1900 Help - Won't Start - Did all that I have read to troubleshoot without success
Recheck the wires on the switch. Make sure they are wired to the right terminals and are tight.
Check fuses and all ground wires.

I should have mentioned .. I checked all of the fuses in the screen area under the steering wheel and they all are good.

Had the same problem on mine in cold weather many times. It works fine in warm weather. Couldn't isolate the reason so I ended up directly wiring in a separate push button starter switch to the starter that bypasses the ignition switch. The key switch is still used to operate glow plugs, gauges and to shut off the tractor. This Inexpensive solution is available from most any auto parts store. Installation is easy.

It did not run start this summer either .. I am just getting around to working on it now... I do not think it is temperature related

Describe "wont start" Key turns and ...? Silence? Clicking?

When I turn the key it is not silent. Not sure I can describe the sound but clicking/humming sounds right. The Glow Plugs does cycle.