2010 Kubota ZD326S-60

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #1  

hamdog

Bronze Member
I've recently been approved by wife to upgrade our lawn mower (craftsman 42") to a zero turn. I currently mow 2 acres and need something to speed up the process. I was looking at a ZD1211 60" due to the fact it's diesel, shaft drive, etc, and I want something that will last me a long time. The issue is its $13,500 new, but they have 0% financing available. They do have a 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 with 640hrs. My question is are there any items I should be cautious of and any wear items before I pursue? Is 640 hours a lot for this mower? Thank you!

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #2  
I've recently been approved by wife to upgrade our lawn mower (craftsman 42") to a zero turn. I currently mow 2 acres and need something to speed up the process. I was looking at a ZD1211 60" due to the fact it's diesel, shaft drive, etc, and I want something that will last me a long time. The issue is its $13,500 new, but they have 0% financing available. They do have a 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 with 640hrs. My question is are there any items I should be cautious of and any wear items before I pursue? Is 640 hours a lot for this mower? Thank you!

I bought a new ZD323-60 and it is in its seventh season of mowing our six acers of open area which includes the typical rual field grass. The ground is uneven and bumpy in spots but the ZD just keeps plugging away. Only work I've done to it is scheduled maintaince and blade sharpining. The only modification I've done to it is replacing the rear tires with R4's, the turfs would load up with mud in the wet season and mower would get stuck around the drainage ditches.

The ZD was certainly designed well and I believe if the machine was properly maintained, and with only 640 hours how could it not have been, if you get a price you can live with go for it. Just as reference I paid 12K (which included sales tax of 6%) for my ZD back in June of 2011

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60
The only issue I see that they have had with these units is the exhaust manifold bracket breaking, but it looks like they fixed the issue on newer models, I do not know what year they implemented the fix though.

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #4  
I'd just flop around and get the new unit. Since the warranty is on them for 4 years and financing will have to carry insurance. The Kubota insurance is quite complete coverage for most anything one can think of.

That gives you four years riding on a new machine which will probably last your lifetime. 640 hours is not much for a seven year old machine, must have been residential use.

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60
I'm thinking the same thing, I can get the new one with 20% down and 84months at 0% makes for a low payment with a warranty

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #6  
I have 25 hours on a new 1211-72 and I love it. Very well built and its a nice upgrade from dads old ZD28-72 that was 12 years old (736hrs) and still plugging away. The new unit is a huge improvement in power/ride but I got 3500 for the old one in trade and I would do it again.

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #7  
I really like my ZD1211 60" deck. I have 40 hours on mine, bought last year. It moves a lot of air through the radiator when running. I did get it hot once when mowing a ditch and hit lots of sand causing the radiator to clog up. I now use the leaf blower and air hose to blow the whole thing off after each use including lifting the engine cover to get at the radiator. It works better than using a hose to wash it off.

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60
Well the ZD326 sold in a couple days. I'm thinking of getting the ZD1021 with 60" deck in lieu of the ZD1211 due to price. What are your guys thoughts on the 1021?

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #9  
The 3 HP is 13% less HP. If your 2 acres is smooth and you mow regularly I doubt you will tell the difference. If it gets high that 3 HP might come in handy.

/ 2010 Kubota ZD326S-60 #10  
The 3 HP is 13% less HP. If your 2 acres is smooth and you mow regularly I doubt you will tell the difference. If it gets high that 3 HP might come in handy.

I mow 4 acres, sometime fairly wet (like standing water wet), and sometimes too tall, with a ZD323. I've never felt the need for more power. Most of the time I mow at 2/3 throttle and only go WOT in the tall wet grass.