More clogged

/ More clogged #1  

lacombea

Tractor
Kubota kommander z122r
Can someone help me figure out how to unclog my mower it keeps cutting out and dying on me I think it has something to do with my chickens pooping on top of the motor could be wrong but I'm pretty sure

/ More clogged
It's a brand new mower I just bought it at the beginning of Summer and now I realize too keep the mower covered up but I don't know how to solve my problem

/ More clogged #5  
Stale gas? That's the first thing I'd do.

/ More clogged #6  
Clean your air filter before doing anything else. If that doesn't take care of the problem then you can try other things. Trying to do too many things at once will not let you know what fixed it in case it should happen again.

/ More clogged #7  
Place chickens in pot of water......
Turn on heat.....
Eat Chickens......
Problem solved!

/ More clogged #8  
If you can remove motor cover lighty scrape clean than blow motor clean w/air hose.

/ More clogged #9  
Given the details you've described, it's definitely caused by either not getting the correct mixture of gas, air, lack of spark or a safety switch. I'd start there.

What's clogged?

Last edited:
   / More clogged #10  
If your deck is clogged, don't mow with the anti-scalp wheels on the ground. ('Michigan-moron-method' :rolleyes:)

If cooling fins are clogged, better it should stall than overheat. Feathery/downy bits might have to be dug from areas where scat has cemented them in place. Shaped-trimmed credit-type cards or Popsicle sticks are my faves for cleaning under saw covers or around the electrical bits around/under mower flywheels or fins.

A clogged fuel filter may slow you to a halt after running demand ahead of flow. The sign might be that it runs at mowing speed for __ long before shutting down. Clogged air cleaner can cause rich running, but black smoke would likely alarm you before stalling. Check all the filters, and maybe remove a spark plug (only from a 'cold' engine) to spot soot or other signs of poor running.

Yes, fix one thing at a time to ease diagnosis on reoccurance, and let us know what's up. t o g

btw, :welcome: .. and props for picking a really nice mower!