Front CarryAll for F-Series??

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series?? #1  

Rip

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F-2880 & F-3680
Shortly after I got my F-2880 I started thinking about a front carryall to use with deck removed, but never got to it. I kick myself for missing a perfect window of opportunity a few years back to get a bare JohnnyBucket SR and toss it into a shipping container at no extra $$ to OZ...oh well...

I am figuring mainly on a nominal 48" x 26" platform (mounted to lift arms after deck removed) with minimal side edges and perhaps pivoted to manually tip / dump....lots of commercial and custom stuff out there for rear 3 ph.

With a retaining wall project upon me with rocks, dirt, and timbers to move, I do need to fabricate something soon and wanted to rattle the collective cages of other F-series owners so I do not reinvent the wheel if I can copy somebody else's solution.....SO....do not everyone speak up at once!?!

Cheers, Rip

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series?? #2  
To start with wouldn't you need the connection hook up like for a snowblower minus the driveshaft part? Or a front blade connection to the F? After you have that it would just be some fabricating and welding to make a platform. Just don't know how much weight you can support.

Keep us informed, good luck.

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series?? #3  
One other thing you will need is to add another hydraulic valve, was looking at kubota website to look at the front blade for the f series, it stated you need another hydraulic valve, so I am assuming you will need it for your carryall.

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series??
Thanks for your comments, 628....I have considered the mounting scheme Kubota uses for the snowblower & brush and may incorporate that into what ever I do....or get main support from the pin holes as a regular 3 ph but go to the back of the arms for the rest. Would be nice to have hyd tilt/dump like the hyd versions of a JohnnyBucket, but the Kubota valve kit is $1500 down here....so I will just do a manual latch and extended handle to tilt....this is for one month-long project and some occasional use thereafter.

I have given this some thought, just figure is someone else had already done the prototype, I would be that much further ahead. The JohnnyBucket would have been the slick solution either with hyd dump....faster but more $$....or electric actuator....slower but less $$....but I will make do with something more basic and much less $$$ at this point.

Trust your new 2690 will work out for you...

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series?? #5  
We have a 3 point dump box, I will see if I can get a picture of it one of these days.

Aaron Z

Thanks, Aczlan....I had a regular rear 3 ph carryall on a previous tractor and have seen many fancier ones including dump type, but while the front mower mount on the Kubota F series is pretty much a 3 ph without the top-link, I was looking to see what someone else may have successfully done to avoid the tinkering stage many custom things involve.

I know I can come up with something workable....just may not be as slick as otherwise....and without the resources of my old shop, welder, plasma cutter, etc, best if I go to some local shop with all the details worked out on paper the first time. I'll get it done.
Cheers, Rip

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series?? #7  
How much are the F-2880 hydraulics etc. rated to lift?

Not sure the actual rating, but the 60" mower deck I have is right at 500 lbs, and the optional 72" deck has got to be around 600, so I am sure I will not bust anything....most light duty commercial rear carryalls are rated 500 and heavier ones are 1000.

/ Front CarryAll for F-Series?? #9  
According to Kubota manual for models F2260, 2560, 3060 & 3560 the "lift link end maximum loading weight" is 507 lbs.

Thanks Arto....I had never seen the actual lift rating for my machine, but 500 lbs should still do me fine for what I have in mind.