Do I need 4wd on a new F2690?

/ Do I need 4wd on a new F2690? #31  
I wound up with three choices. My old PA Kubota dealer with a branch in DE, Brady Barlow in Kentucky, and my local dealer. Brady was the least expensive but shipping to me ate up the difference with the guy in Delaware. Within a few dollars of each other. Faced with those two competitive numbers, of approx $19,600 delivered, my local dealer reduced their price to $19,400 plus tax. List of $21,816. Thousands less than what they first would have given me. Sure pays to shop around. I accepted the local dealer and sent a thank you card with a few bucks for a dinner out to the two losing quoters.
Owning a Kubota and two Masseys, I wish I lived closer to Barlow. Nice people.

And I adviced my landscaper he was no longer mowing my 8 acres, and there was a new much smaller budget for him next year. He is so busy I honestly don't think he cares.

:thumbsup: Congratulations on your wise shopping. I would pay more, maybe two to three hundred dollars more, to buy from a local dealer vs a distance dealer. Fortunately my local dealer is Barlows.:D Welcome to the F owners "Club". Been a "member" myself for around 10 years and have done a lot of Kubota tractor trading (BXs, Bs, Ls and RTV) during that time but have never left the F club (Or RTV Club) once I joined it. I have owned three different Fs and even bought one of those I traded back to own it twice (The 2wd F2680e). Again, so sad that it's winter and you have to wait to mow that grass but just take it out on sunny days and tell people that ask that you are just keeping the battery charged. :cool2:

/ Do I need 4wd on a new F2690?
just take it out on sunny days and tell people that ask that you are just keeping the battery charged.

too funny, I already get I'm sure enough odd looks thinking "now what is that crazy Northerner up to now?".....;)

/ Do I need 4wd on a new F2690? #33  
I already get I'm sure enough odd looks thinking "now what is that crazy Northerner up to now?".....;)

I can assure you, you can NOT tell the difference the between a southerner and a Yankee by looks and activity alone.

I can get lost on a dirt road in Vermont in the summer and think I'm right back in NC if I don't remind myself I'm in Vermont LOL

/ Do I need 4wd on a new F2690? #34  
Very little difference between Vermont and western NC and western Va/West Va and eastern Ky and upper NY terrain wise. :2cents: But when we talk some times we can be discovered. :D Girls said I talked funny in Montana just before they went riding around with me and my fellow Airman from Alabama. :) Course we didn't have boots, big belt buckles and hats so we did look a bit different in the late 60s.

/ Do I need 4wd on a new F2690? #35  
The only reasons to have 4wd on a front mount mower:

1- steep inclines, or extremely uneven terrain (moguls, sinkholes, etc.)

2- wet areas requiring extra traction (pond surrounds, drainage lines, etc.)

3- extremely expensive or well maintained turf, where turn scuffs can't be tolerated (golf courses, public areas, fine-bladed grasses, etc.)

4- winter traction for using the snowplow, snowthrower, or broom attachments