Mulching Kit install on F2690

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690 #1  

628pm

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota f2690, 2020 Kubota BX23S, JD Gator 2018 XUV835M HVAC
Finally installed the mulching kit I purchased and received several weeks ago. Pretty easy install. Mowed 4 acres with it today, finally mowing of inlaws yard, mulched leaves also. It was nice no clippings on me when I finished even with a pretty strong wind, 63 today in southern illinois.

Now I know what the rear discharge guys talk about.

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690 #2  
:thumbsup: Cool also using both sides of the deck to cut close or have you adapted to that yet? Side discharge users know you can't and often times forget it's available when they "lose the chute". :cool2: Also cool to not have to follow a mowing pattern to keep from piling up grass clippings or recutting previous cut grass, also another advantage "chute" guys have trouble adapting to. Mower people that cut every two days may not see the advantage but us wait till it's plenty tall do.:D
Did you get any grass clippings on top of the battery?

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690
No clippings on top of the battery, some dust on the deck is all. Yes it was nice to get up close to both sides of the mower without worrying about throwing grass all over the place. Came home after mowing the 4 acres at inlaws, and told the wife, look no grass all over me. Now I will admit I didn't mow the ditches that really gets me dirty, but I mowed everything else and was pleased with it. Left mower at my inlaws, told the wife this morning might have to bring it home to mow are leaves and neighbors grass one more time.

I think the only thing I am considering now is adding a mirror on it due to mowing the ditches on the country road inlaws live on, just have to figure how I want to mount it.

With the radio I mounted on the F2690 and the mulch kit, it is a pleasure to mow again.

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690 #4  
No clippings on top of the battery, some dust on the deck is all. Yes it was nice to get up close to both sides of the mower without worrying about throwing grass all over the place. Came home after mowing the 4 acres at inlaws, and told the wife, look no grass all over me. Now I will admit I didn't mow the ditches that really gets me dirty, but I mowed everything else and was pleased with it. Left mower at my inlaws, told the wife this morning might have to bring it home to mow are leaves and neighbors grass one more time.

I think the only thing I am considering now is adding a mirror on it due to mowing the ditches on the country road inlaws live on, just have to figure how I want to mount it.

With the radio I mounted on the F2690 and the mulch kit, it is a pleasure to mow again.

Great on the no clippings on the underside/battery. May make the side discharge with mulching kit the best option going. The no clippings coming out side is one advantage to mulching kit but allowing both sides to be used for close cutting with no big chute sticking out is great to me with the one on the BX since rear discharge wasn't available.
The mirror is a stumper on the F unless you put a sunshade on and hang the mirror off it. I have bought and made sunshades on mine: tractors, F and RTV.
The only way to keep dust down on any mower of any discharge is to only mow it when it is wet and in your case slid ein the ditch. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Dust wasn't bad at all. I will make a bracket to extend out from the front guard of the F for the mirror. I will make it out of 1 inch sq tube steel, won't do it until next year though.

Mowed for the first time this year for 4 hours, with the mulching kit on I did not have any grass on me, that is great. Grass wasn’t very tall, so that probably helped. Very happy with the kit so far.

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690 #7  
What is included in the mulching kit? What was the cost on it?

New Baffles and blades, I believe it was between 3-400 dollars for kit. Just make sure you clean off the deck underneath real good, I had about 1/16 to 1/8 inch spot where the baffles set on the deck and the blades hit.

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690 #9  
Does it get rid of the side discharge chute? When I purchased mine the previous owner had removed it. I put it back on because I was worried of the kids getting close to the mower. The blades are right at the edge of the deck. The wife pulled it into the garage and tore the weather striping off the side of garage door opening.

/ Mulching Kit install on F2690 #10  
It does get rid of the chute which is one of the main reasons I bought the mulching kit for BX2370 and ZD121. The kit with two blades was a bit over $100, I think. One more blade shouldn't cost that much more. Check with Messicks on a price. If anything get UNDER the deck of a mower it will try and mow it. Safety and awareness are keys when operating a powered machine. Garage strip had to be on the ground to get cut, I've never had any of my decks cut anything standing up beside it and I slide down area I'm cutting often as the missing paint on the edges of my mowing decks can testify to.