Cab kit for a G1800

/ Cab kit for a G1800 #1  

lakeside

Silver Member
Tractor
B26, G11000 generator and a G1800
I have a G1800 that only has 600 hours on it and I plan to keep the tractor for quite awhile. Winters are not getting any easier and I finally decided having snow blow back into my face just wasn't fun anymore. The only site I could find that listed cabs for my G1800 just says "discontinued" Does anyone know if there are cabs still available or is there a cab made for another tractor that could fit without major rework?

/ Cab kit for a G1800
Thanks for the info. I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

/ Cab kit for a G1800
   / Cab kit for a G1800
I pulled the pin on a JD soft cab last week. I have to weld some adapters to get the cab frame to fit my G1800 body and we'll see how it all comes together. My fabrication tools are at the cottage so I'll only be able to get everything welding together over the weekend.

I guess the "problem" with Kubotas is they last so darn long OEM and after-market accessories just aren't made anymore.

/ Cab kit for a G1800
Well I installed the JD soft cab over the weekend. I had to make two brackets for the front left and right supports as the dimensions of the JD tractor are slightly different than that of my G1800. I also had to modify the single rear bracket as the contour of the rear was different. I really just had to cut off the part of the bracket that catches the lip of the frame which then made the bracket flat. I drilled two 5/16" holes in the bracket and frame just behind the drivers seat so I could use 5/16" X 1'' SS carriage bolts.

BTW: I removed the four seat bolts to give access the underside of the frame. It's a tight fit and I didn't want to drill through the frame and fuel tank. I installed the carriage bolts head down so there would be no sharp edges to come into contact with the tank. After installation I found there was still a good amount of clearance between the bold heads and the tank so maybe I was worried about something that turned out not to be a problem after all.

Overall, it's actually a pretty good fit. I was also a bit worried about the opening for the rotating chute handle but the zipper closure gives lots of adjustment space. There are gaps along the bottom between the canvas and tractor frame, but the idea is to get out of the wind and to stop snow blowing back on to my face. The cab also gives lots of clearance for the PTO handle to rotate forward into the engaged position.

The only real problem I now have is the cover has two very prominent JD logos :D. What do I do now? Cover them up with something?? Wear a brown paper bag over my head :laughing:? or just suck it up and proudly and defiantly use a JD cab??

/ Cab kit for a G1800 #8  
Like to see pictures of your project. Sounds as though it came out nice. And yea when you buy something JD you have to put up with their logo's. Was going to buy a steering wheel spinner there once and didn't because I couldn't rub the deere off.