ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help

/ ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help #1  

Brown Dog

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 5115M 5101E H260 5115M 540M all MFD
Are these Available ?

I'm going to fluid fill my rears & wanting weights too for my 72" Rear Discharge Mower.

I've been mowing with a 66hp JD tractor for many years around my Farm & HATE tire spin and / or lack of traction.

I don't live in a Subdivision with a groomed yard lol

/ ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help #2  
I have 2 ZD300 series mowers and have not seen rear weights in my travels. Perhaps some garden tractor weights would fit up.
I have recently been thinking of replacing my worn rears with a more aggressive atv style tire tread.

/ ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help
My rear wheels don't have any holes drilled in them I don't think :confused:

I'm going to fluid fill them this Spring ......

My buddy says DON'T fluid fill rear tires on Zero Turns cause it's extremely hard on the pump.
IDK
What do you guys know or think ?

/ ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help #5  
A ZD1211 isn't your run of the mill Zero Turn. I wouldn't be afraid. Just swapped my ZD28 for a 1211.

Assuming of course you're not going full bore in reverse on asphalt then hitting forward to try & wheelie, LOL

I'm 50 lol my wheelie popping days are over.

I agree with you, economical home owner Zero's with cheesy pumps at each wheel may not like turning the extra weight ? But

I'm thinking the Commercial ZD series should handle the extra weight ok.

Wouldn't be any difference than a 175 vs 300lb operator.

I've graduated to 195lbs :-(

I'm leaning towards fluid fill but still open for opinions :

/ ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help #7  
Are these Available ?

I'm going to fluid fill my rears & wanting weights too for my 72" Rear Discharge Mower.

I've been mowing with a 66hp JD tractor for many years around my Farm & HATE tire spin and / or lack of traction.

I don't live in a Subdivision with a groomed yard lol

Have you operated the ZD1211 on your property for long, do you know you need more traction?

Last edited:
Have you operated the ZD1211 on your property for long, do you know you need more traction?

Yes, I mowed half the season last summer & twice already this month.
I've put 39hrs on it so far.
I have lots of hills & banks.
I use my 66hp 4wd JD & 110" RFM on the steepest banks.
I wanted the 4wd F series but couldn't justify one having Four 4wd Tractors in the arsenal already.

/ ZD1211 Rear Wheel Weight Help #9  
Yes, I mowed half the season last summer & twice already this month.
I've put 39hrs on it so far.
I have lots of hills & banks.
I use my 66hp 4wd JD & 110" RFM on the steepest banks.
I wanted the 4wd F series but couldn't justify one having Four 4wd Tractors in the arsenal already.

I’m still trying to buy a ZD1511, 72”, Rear discharge ..... since October 2017 when dealer told me that Kubota had ceased shipping them until March 2018. So ... stopped by my closest Kubota dealer that I’ve done business with for 12+ years. Sat down with owner and he told me that Kubota was still not delivering ZD1511s and that it (ZD1511) had been put back to Kubota Engineering for DEF issues. He is sending them an email to get a current update. Anyone else heard anything about this?

If Kubota would put the air ride seat on the ZD1211.... I’d go buy one tomorrow.

I wanted the extra 6hp ZD1511 but the Tier4 BS kept me away.

I'm old school & can work on basic stuff.

I'm WELL PLEASED with my ZD1211 & ESPECIALLY with my 72" REAR DISCHARGE DECK :)

This is my 4th RD mower & id NEVER go back to a SD lol

The new seat on ZD1211 is just as good as the air ride seat on my JD 4720 tractor FYI. No Joke.
Salesman said their leap years ahead of the old ZD331 seats.

I'd guess Atlanta Kubota still has their ZD1511 72" RD still on the floor because everyone wants SD deck for some crazy reason.