F series vs BX series

/ F series vs BX series #1  

corl

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota MX5100 HST, 1989 Kubota F2100
As I have had an F2100 for the last 28 years and loved it I am debating about a new F series or a BX series machine. The $10,000 difference makes me wonder if I could do almost everything with the less expensive tractor. My mower deck is getting holes in it and it can not be replaced. Kubota has nothing to attach to the F2100 to mow. I can only use a 60 inch deck as I need to get around and through some tighter areas. I am older and don't worry about the stamped deck of the BX doing the same thing that my stamped R60F24 deck has done. I should be gone before it rusts or gets holes in it.

What has prompted those of you that have the F series to buy it? My guess is that it isn't as tough as my old F2100 but again I won't need it for another 28 years. What does your machine do that the BX series can't do?

/ F series vs BX series #2  
..........What has prompted those of you that have the F series to buy it?.............

We already had a Grasshopper 61" front deck rear discharge mower (hers) but I wanted a larger used mower with 4x4 and larger wheels - BX or any other mid-mower tractor was not considered.

1. Commercial grade mower with fairly large wheels
2. Easily able to see the front mount deck
3. Able to mow underneath hedges & low hanging tree limbs.
4. 4 x 4 & differential lock with turf tires
5. Able to lift up the deck quickly for more traction if needed.
6. 4 cylinder Diesel
7. Rear discharge 72" deck

:cool:

/ F series vs BX series #3  
I love my Grasshopper, but would prefer a 4x4 Kubota F for traction. If I knew how to rig a small FEL for it (like Xfaxman did with his Groundmaster) I'd get a Kubota F asap. I'd have what seems to be the best front mount mower there is, combined with 4x4 traction, and a small FEL for use in tight spots and on nice turf.

/ F series vs BX series #4  
We already had a Grasshopper 61" front deck rear discharge mower (hers) but I wanted a larger used mower with 4x4 and larger wheels - BX or any other mid-mower tractor was not considered.

1. Commercial grade mower with fairly large wheels
2. Easily able to see the front mount deck
3. Able to mow underneath hedges & low hanging tree limbs.
4. 4 x 4 & differential lock with turf tires
5. Able to lift up the deck quickly for more traction if needed.
6. 4 cylinder Diesel
7. Rear discharge 72" deck

:cool:

Ditto plus I also have a BX and an L with the FEL on hand. Choosing to only have one would probably take me to another B or utility L with FEL and 72" RFM (Had this set up in the past) instead of a F or BX. I've owned two F3080s 4wd and a F2680e 2wd plus almost all sizes of BXs at least once and many different Bs and a couple of Ls. :2cents: And I to am not as young as I was.

/ F series vs BX series #5  
I have a bx2680 and the f2690. If I could only have one it would be the bx2680, since I can do multiple things with it. But with that said I would probably kick and scream if I had to give up the F. The bx has a great cut and the fel is okay for what I need. I don't need to explain about the F since you have one. I replaced my zd326 zero turn with the F late last year. Very glad that I finally listened to everyone about how good the F's are.
So bottom line I am glad I don't have to choose between the bx and the F, you have a larger Kubota tractor listed on your profile so the F would be for me if I had the other tractor.

/ F series vs BX series #6  
Slopes. My sole reason for my purchase. I tried zero turns and they went sliding down the hill and about into my creek.

I also needed the 4wd. A BX would not handle the slopes I mow with my F3990.

/ F series vs BX series
Well I started talking to some Kubota dealers around me. I found out there is a kit to adapt a newer deck to my F2100 (some leftovers). The BX will mow inclines as steep as an F series since it has 4WD and good weight distribution. My steepest slope is about 30%. The BX will also do some good things for me as it has a 3 point hitch and a live PTO. The real work gets done with my MX5100 but I could do with a smaller frame for some jobs. So now I need to decide which it will be. My wife says 30 years on a tractor is enough and I should buy a new one. If I do I will keep the F2100. My wife is a keeper too!

/ F series vs BX series #8  
F series will mow circles around the BX. With you having an MX5100 already I vote F series.

/ F series vs BX series #10  
I would not mow the same inclines with the bx that I do with the F. What I am talking about is mowing the banks of ditches sideways, up and down the bank no problem with either machine. But I feel more secure on the F when mowing ditches, that might just be me though.