Kubota F3990 or F2690

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #1  

AllDodge

Platinum Member
Tractor
Terramite T5C, Kubota M9540HDC24, F3990, RTV1100, Cat 416C, D3B, 955L
Was looking at buying a tractor (Kubota M45 or 47) and 8 foot finish mower, but then was told about the F series 72 inch mower. Found a 2017 model with only 25 hours at a dealer. Found others with not much more hours. Trying to figure out if these are great 4x4 mowers then why so many used ones with low hours?

Have about 10 acres which is sort of flat, and then another 7 which is a bit steep incline. Been using a JD 4320 Hydrostat 4x4 with a 8 foot bush hog and at times its a bit sketchy at angles, and other times pulling straight up the slop in second and have to let up because it doesn't have enough HP.

Will something like the F series mower do this without problems?

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #2  
Found a 2017 model with only 25 hours at a dealer. Found others with not much more hours. Trying to figure out if these are great 4x4 mowers then why so many used ones with low hours? WOW! You seem to be the only person in America reporting these finds. Most dealers have none or only one new model recently rec'd. Post these dealers where you've found these so those that are hunting here can get in contact with the dealers. Low hours?????? Wow! again.
I used a F2680e 2wd for years on a fairly flat rental property and actually bought it twice and there are some members here telling me to let them know if Barlows ever gets it back. I bought a F3080 4wd 72" side discharge deck and hated the deck os bad that I sold it to a gentleman in NC and bought another one with rear discharge deck. I mow a few hillside acres with my F3080s. It goes like a mountain goat and your welcome to come to Somerset and try it, if you can get it away from my grandson. :)
I have a Landpride Bushhog/Rotary mower and a Woods Finish Mower for my L3901 tractor and across the street lots but I mostly use my F and even mow the previous logging road that circles my 25 acre mountain with it. Kubota does have a bigger than 72" deck for it but it ain't cheap.
I'd mow acres of flat land with a tractor RFM myself but the F will do it, it's a tractor with a front deck but it is a dedicated mowing tractor and no place for FEL or 3ph attachments. I have L tractor and F and BX but if only one I'd have to go with a tractor with RFM which I used on a previous tractor and that was pre F purchases.
Again, your welcome to come try mine and make a more informed/hands on experience decision but do post those dealers names that have those low hour used Fs. And I wouldn't pay very much more for the bigger F (The current F2990 is the same as my F3080 and the F3990 is the F3680.and I didn't pay the extra for the more HP model). I do believe the current F2990 comes in either 2wd or 4wd so get the 4wd one if you have steep hillsides. I've never lacked power and I've went almost straight up some hills where a L3240 with 72" Landpride RFM was lacking HP.

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #3  
AllDodge,
I just purchased a new 2990e (26hp 2wd) with 60" rear discharge deck to do my 3 acre yard. I don't think you will be happy with the F for your 17a. Even with the 3990 (39hp & 4wd) I think it would be pretty time consuming. These things will mow as fast as you can ride, but there is the problem. Unless your acreage is SMOOTH & FLAT you won't be able to stay in the seat. Even with the 72" deck your 17a is going to take a while. Should be no problem with the hills, but I would recommend the 4wd for something as big as your 17a. Best thing I can say is to take a test ride on the one your looking at, and decide for yourself. Can you do it with the F, sure. But, do you want to? Only you can decide that. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
JMHO
John

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690
This is a bummer, I didn't get any notification of responses on email. Will look into my account settings, was wondering why I didn't hear anything. At any rate just bought the 3990 from Barlow in sumerset this afternoon.

Some of the acres is smooth but I have some real ruff hills and such. The dealer selling the 25 hour one is in Loretto TN

Hope this does it for me, but sure hope I didn't mess up

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690
Unable to find my account info to check the settings, wonder how I get to it

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690
Found the account settings by selecting "Myhome"
Everything is correct, notifications, email address and all but still nothing being sent

Similar things happening at iboats.com, maybe same SW

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #7  
Found the account settings by selecting "Myhome"
Everything is correct, notifications, email address and all but still nothing being sent

Similar things happening at iboats.com, maybe same SW

I don't get notifications all the time on personal alerts and I just check it every few weeks. Get them some times and some times don't. It's like adding pics, some times it works easy peasy and some times no go.
You'll be satisfied with the climbing, cutting, control, manuverability and power ability of the F3990. The combination of RFM on tractor and F will work. The F will do better cutting and will go as fast as your kidneys can take it and a lot faster than any tractor I've ever owned and faster than Kubotas zero turns per Kubota specs. The top speed deal is really only usable on a paved parking lot or a golf course green. The F seat is also better/more comfortable than any on any of the tractors I've owned, well the Grand L3240 had about the same seat as the F but no where near the speed.

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #8  
I have the f2690 with 72 inch mower. Mow 10 acres, takes about 5-6 hours including mowing ditches along country road. Installed mulching kit, works great if grass is dry and you cut on a regular basis, but with your 3990, you should mow through anything. Good luck on your new F. Accessories I have added are mirrors for the country road ditches, waterproof blue tooth radio to listen while I mow, and solid tires on front of deck.

If I could change anything about the mower it would be able to have adjustments on the deck for different heights where you don't have to adjust wheels. Yes you can just lift the deck up a little, but to lift it up to the same height each time is a problem. Oh well can't have everything.

Bottom line really like the F series mower.

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690
Thanks, appreciate the input

Would be easier to deal with no emails if it had something that showed if someone posted to a thread subscribed to. At least at iboats it does this so easier to find threads I'm looking at. So far I have to go find my threads to see if another posted to it

Plan to cut the grass about every 2 weeks or so, or at least that is the plan. I asked about getting the rear discharge deck and was told they didn't recommend it unless I was going to cut the grass more often. It was just built and was sitting in Atlanta, should be here this week

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690
Well the 3990 came in 2 days ago, but finally got to use it today. Sure gald I got the 39 over the 2690. The 39HP climbed my hills and had to ease up on the peddle because its steep. If I had the 26 I would be ticked off right now, but the 39 did great. The grass and weeds were 2.5 feet and it went right through it, but did need to keep it a bit slower because it was so high.

Did hit some hard spots and it clipped some rocks, roots a time or three, four, five ..... Its set at 4 inches now, think I'll bring it up another inch to see if it will clear those spots next time. Would be great if I could get my backhoe on the hills to fix those spots but no way.

When I was on the JD tractor, I went real slow and many times the angle got way to much so I went another direction. This thing climbs like a goat and never did I ever even a hint it was going to flip/tilt. It slid a tad every now and then, but no worries

On the way to the land cruising flat out in high, all good. On the way after 6 hours of cutting, it had a higher pitch squeal, and when it started to climb a hill it got louder. At home checked fluids and all good. Maybe its just does this, but going to call Barlow tomorrow

CAM00338.jpg