BX1880

/ BX1880 #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hi All,

Can I get a 60" mower with the BX1880? Kubota site wont let be build it that way.

Thanks
Dave

/ BX1880 #3  
JD is advertising their small tractor for $100 month but with no mowing deck. Kubota is currently promoting the BX1880 with mowing deck for $99 month 0 down 0% interest for 84 months. Barlows had a flyer on the parts counter along with a B model for $129.

/ BX1880 #4  
I think you’ll find the price on a new Kubota pretty hard to beat. I shopped around for a while before I bought mine and after all was said and done, none of the other brands were even close. Go visit the dealers and get a quote. I priced out Kubota, JD, Massey, Kioti, TYM and LS for new tractor/mowers. I settled on a GR2120, but the BX1880 was only going to be $1K more. I wanted the smaller more agile tractor. The JD counterpart was going to be $6K more. JD and Kubota have standardized pricing whereas some of the other brands are more dealer dependent.

/ BX1880 #5  
I think you’ll find the price on a new Kubota pretty hard to beat. I shopped around for a while before I bought mine and after all was said and done, none of the other brands were even close. Go visit the dealers and get a quote. I priced out Kubota, JD, Massey, Kioti, TYM and LS for new tractor/mowers. I settled on a GR2120, but the BX1880 was only going to be $1K more. I wanted the smaller more agile tractor. The JD counterpart was going to be $6K more. JD and Kubota have standardized pricing whereas some of the other brands are more dealer dependent.

Kubota in the USA is totally dealer determined for actual sale price. Kubota does have a on line posted "MSRP" but the dealer buys them from Kubota usually at time of sale and can sell them for the amount they decide but I think they are restricted from advertising prices in US except for the Kubota Co promotions like are currently running on the BXs and Bs. A few years ago it was on the small Zero turns when I bought one.
I researched prices about 15 years ago when I started buying tractors. local JD was $3000 more than Barlows and local New Holland was $2500 more. I bought the BX2200 MMMFEL Kubota. Sometime later I checked again and same spread and I bought another Kubot and kept doing so over the years over 20 times. I quit checking prices after about 5 years and just go to Barlows.

/ BX1880 #6  
I just purchased a BX2680 with the 60 inch deck. I believe if you look at the brochure on page 11 it says the BX1880 is limited to the 48" or 54" and the 23 and 26 can get 54" or 60". probably a power issue.

/ BX1880 #7  
The Canadian ones get the 60” also. It’s probably because we’re tougher on account of the maple syrup and back bacon.

/ BX1880 #8  
Have the 60 inch on my BX2230 and the G2160, I would think that the BX1880 might be challenged to swing the 60 inch deck in heavy grass my G2160 with the D782 (similar size to the D722) must take things slower then the D902 powered BX with the same 60 inch deck.

David

/ BX1880 #9  
Started out with a BX1850 back in '08. It has a shorter wheelbase than the higher hp BXs. As a result, the 60" deck won't clear the tires. That's why you can't order that deck with the 18hp models.

/ BX1880 #10  
I have a previous version of your machine, the BX1860 (same engine, HP, etc.). I upgraded to a 60" deck and have no problems at all. My lot is sloped so it is probably considered a "challenging" area. No bog downs or performance issues. Glad I did it! FYI - I did briefly run a PTO-powered bagger and did notice some bog-down when going up steepest part of property. Not enough to be concerning, but definitely felt it.