g3200 kubota diesel lawn tractor fuel pump

/ g3200 kubota diesel lawn tractor fuel pump #1  

cdmill

I am trying to replace the electric fuel pump on my tractor and every time i hook it up to wiring it either sparks and goes out or it starts smoking and burns up, any idea on what the problem is

/ g3200 kubota diesel lawn tractor fuel pump #2  
Sparks? The only time I see that happen is when you have the wires crossed. When you put a negative to a positive they spark. Same thing happens when you put a negative to a positive the wires can burn out. If you don't have the wires crossed then you have a live short somewhere making an arc.

I'm not an electrical wizard by any means but look for wires that might be touching or make sure the wires are properly connected.

You didn't say how old the machine is or what lead to these events. The more information you can use the better for people to help you. I'd start at the beginning and say as much as possible to get started. Pictures are always useful too. The people here are good at helping but you need to help them first.

/ g3200 kubota diesel lawn tractor fuel pump
Thanks for the reply, originally i started with smoke coming from the fuel pump when i would turn the tractor on so i would turn the ignition off and start the engine at the starter and then i decided i would change the fuel pump and i have bought 3 since, each time i think i have figured it out, i am obviously no electric wizard either but if the hot wire is touching the frame somewhere i would think it would either burn the tractor up or run the battery down , the tractor is a 1988