Kubota GR2100

/ Kubota GR2100 #1  

dddd

I was almost to the point of purchasing the above mower, however, after reading the owners' manual on the said machine, I'm becoming very concerned that I may be purchasing a maintenance nightmare e.g. according to the manual all hydraulic lines should be replaced every 2 years. The GR2100 has a number of excellent features i.e. all wheel drive, glide steer, power steering/deck, which on my hilly/uneven property would be an advantage. However, if all of these features are likely to be maintenance nightmares I may be better off with a simpler, cruder machine i.e. John Deere LX280. If anyone could give me their thoughts and feedback on the maintenance possibilities of the Kubota GR2100, it would be extremely appreciated.

/ Kubota GR2100 #2  
I've never heard of replacing hyrdraulic lines every two years on any piece of equipment. My loader needed a new line after it split. That line was 6 years old and had been tweeked by a tree. The other hoses are still in fine shape; they are 8 years old.

I'll be that recommendation depends upon how much abuse the lines receive.

/ Kubota GR2100 #3  
Hmmm.. I agree with Pks. Never heard of such a thing. Perhaps they meant hydraulic *fluids* ?

Also, I am probably going to be in the martket for a 4wd/awd tractor in the coming year and am tossed between the GR2100 and BX series. How did you obtain the owner's service manual for the GR? I too would like to read it thorughly to help make my decision.

/ Kubota GR2100 #4  
KUBOTA RECCOMMENDS REPLACEMENT OF ALL HOSES AND HYDRAULIC LINES ON ALL ITS EQUIPMENT AT TWO YEARS. THIS IS NOT A WARRANTABLE ITEM AND I SUSPECT IT IS FOR LEGAL PURPSES ONLY. I WORK ON MACHINES THAT ARE TWENTY YEARS OLD AND ONLY FIX AS FAIL.

/ Kubota GR2100
I simply asked the dealer if i could take the hand book home.The bx line never interested me as I already have a 4wd tractor to do the heavy work, I just need a super rugged lawn tractor, besides the tighter turning circle of the gr2100 would be huge benefit to me.

/ Kubota GR2100 #6  
If four wheel drive is not an absolute, and you need tight turning, don't forget to also consider a zero turn mower. I purchased a Kubota ZG23 for my wife last year to cut the lawn. It cuts faster than any mower we have owned and I am suprised how easy the mower climbs hills. Plus an added benefit is the zero turn mower seems to be more stable than a riding mower, although I cannot tell if it is because the zero turn is wider, has a lower center of gravity, or both.

Jim