Kubota GR2000

/ Kubota GR2000 #1  

Mark-T

Tractor
Kubota L3130
After some research, visiting dealers and test driving several brands of mower I really like the Kubota GR2000. It rides well and I like the controls.

I understand that while turning the inside rear wheel tracks freely so as not to tear up the turf. To those of you who have this mower, does this work as Kubota promises and have you had any problems with it?

Also, is there a way to determine the MSRP? Kubota does not list it on their website like Deere, and the dealers I have asked give varying versions of the MSRP which I find very odd. Quotes I have received vary by almost a thousand so I'd like to get an idea of the MSRP, or better still, the dealer cost.

Mark

/ Kubota GR2000 #2  
Not only does it stop all turf tearing , it also prevents any under steer. I find i mow a lot faster because you dont have to slow down to succesfully mow tight radiuos's ,corners etc. And no i have had no problems with my gr

/ Kubota GR2000
dddd...thanks.

Another question: I am unclear as to how the reverse overide works. I should have tested it when I was at the dealers. Does the switch need to be pressed each time you reverse, or does it stay on continuously until you press it again?

Mark

/ Kubota GR2000 #4  
No , you press it once and it allows the mowing deck to operate untill you disengage drive to the the deck , then you have to press it again.

/ Kubota GR2000
Good, now that's what I call sensible design. A safety system that allows the operator to override it, once per engagement, at their discretion. The Deeres that I have tested make me feel that their designers treat the customer like an idiot, having to renew the override each time one goes into reverse with the blades engaged.

We test drove the GR2000 and the T1870 again today and the Gr2000 is clearly a well engineered machine. We also looked at the T1870 to compare features since it has the same 48" cut and almost the same hp. But it is primitive by comparison with a very poor fit and finish. The hood kept bouncing as I drove it over the dealers lawn and the frame seemed very flexible and light.

So now I just have to justify the cost of the GR2000 over the other brands I have researched.

Thanks again dddd.

Mark

/ Kubota GR2000 #6  
Your welcome any other questions just ask , ps I know what you mean about the system used on the jd , on my old jd I ended up by passing it totally it was that annoying.