Kubota G5200

/ Kubota G5200 #1  

Homeline

Have been shopping for a different mowing platform to update my Simplicity. Was thinking of an older Yanmar or Kubota. My main critera was diesel power, 48" deck and 3pt hitch for using a blade. Blade would be used for light rock grading for driveway.

I have found Kubota G5200 that meets 2 out of the three requirements (no 3pt hitch) but it does have a G2000 48" front mounted blade but not currently mounted due to missing bracket(s) and mounting hardware. Not really a big deal there because my neighbor can fab something together if I can provide a few pictures of what it's supposed to look like. The only down fall I see is that one has to remove the mower deck to use the blade. The Kubota website states there was a 3pt hitch kit available (G9702). Was it a cat 0 or 1? Or was it a proprietary type for use with Kubota implements? What would be the chances of finding one (NOS or used)?

I probably going to buy this tractor anyway because it's really clean original condition, has about 1300 hrs, mower deck is in great shape....and looks like it's built like a tank. I can always resale next year and get my money back if I don't like it...but I don't see that as being the case.I'm just curious about the hitch issue and possibility of getting one.

Cliff

/ Kubota G5200 #2  
I too have been looking for a 3 point hitch with no success. I believe they are cat 0.

/ Kubota G5200 #4  
I don't think any garden tractor has an available Cat 1 three point hitch.

the JD X7xx series and some of their predessesors have limited Cat 1 3PHs available. I know I had an X485 with a limited Cat 1 hitch. The limited issue is with respect to lift height and weight.

/ Kubota G5200 #5  
the JD X7xx series and some of their predessesors have limited Cat 1 3PHs available. I know I had an X485 with a limited Cat 1 hitch. The limited issue is with respect to lift height and weight.
Why did you go from the x485 to the 1850?

/ Kubota G5200 #6  
I have a G5200 with the 3pt. hitch. It is cat 0. They also offered another hydraulic kit that could be added to the hydraulic valve that allowed hydraulic lift for the mower deck. I added that to mine as I got the snowblower for the front and the cylinder can be shifted to that. I did not add the rear pto kit to mine as to use it you needed to remove the mower deck like you did to use the front lift.

Don't use the snow blower anymore as I got a bx22.

Dave..

/ Kubota G5200 #7  
would you sell your blower for the kubota g5200hst